WHAT IS THE BEST ROCK SOLID IFB FOR BOOM and PRODUCTION ?.

Brian Milliken

Hi All

I have been having some gremlins with my Sennheiser IEM 300  system, noise, interference etc, and was wondering if anyone has or is using a system that they would reccomend, I am looking at top end as I need to know that both Production and my Boom-Ops are getting the best signal and quality currently available.

Kind Regards

Brian

Hi guys.  First time here so I thought I would chime in.  I did a lot of Boom Operating and I found the Letro stuff to be by far the best.  Way better sound quality and range than even the Best stuff from Comtek.  I always appreciated the clear sound when I was operating in a critical scene.

Hope this helps.

Brian Hanish

Toronto

Hi Brian,

I swear by my Lectros.

Not sure if you can buy Lectros in the UK (or even europe) since the lead in solder directives - sad

Kindest,

simon b

Hi All

I have been having some gremlins with my Sennheiser IEM 300  system, noise, interference etc, and was wondering if anyone has or is using a system that they would reccomend, I am looking at top end as I need to know that both Production and my Boom-Ops are getting the best signal and quality currently available.

Kind Regards

Brian

Hmmm...I thought the Britts were booming without headphones?

Anyway, I have boomed with Comtek and Lectro stuff, and find that both have their ups and downs.  I use Comtek stuff as a mixer.  The range of the bass station is good and the battery use of the receivers is far more environmentally friendly.  I don't think the increased fidelity of the Lectro IFB is worth the "hits" I took in the ear when booming.  I prefer the occasional fritz over a load pop any day.  And I also find that when you are out of range of the Lectro, it's gone, whereas the Comtek will hold on to a signal for a long time, making it handy to reach the utility guy at the truck.

Robert

a mixer that i boom for has a couple of uhf 2000's. ive been using one of them for my feed and am really happy with it. not too many hits and not bad range.

i saw 3 2000's on bblist which the mixer had been using for ifb.