LIFT productions in New Orleans, possibly in some HOT water...

Guest Jeff Colon

Guest Jeff Colon

The same news blurb I posted on ramps.  Should be interesting to see what happens to production in the pipeline...

http://tinyurl.com/2a3lcz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jeff Colon

http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/viewStory.cfm?recID=19325

Just a little update.  I found it interesting that the press thought this "hollywood south" thing was about anything other than "cheap"...  I have done maybe 25epk shoots in Louisiana the last 15 years.  Since things returned from Toronto, on camera, Every EP  has said the obligitory crap about Louisiana being picturesque and a great environment for filmaking ... off camera it was about the "Millions" saved by being here...For me, the whole thing could dissapear tomorrow and it would not make any difference.  I wonder which legislature will be inticed by the glitz and glamour and where Hollywood will land next... I just hope the WALL is not finished before I have to cross the rio grande into Mexico?  I apologize for the rant...I am tired of "big money" screwing with my livleyhood...

jeff,

it happened here as well. cali film comission director a few years ago was using the company funds for his personnal use. he is not running the dept. anymore. the eidc was totally "revamped" and I understand alot better and easier to deal with.(pulling permits etc.)

hopefully we (cali.) can get a tax benefit going in are state.