Welcome to JWSOUNDGROUP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Powerex AA discharge after work

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
I started using Powerex AA for shorter work days. For long days I still prefer the Lithiums.
I searched this forum and the MAHA website and I found that Powerex does not have memory effect.
The last 4 days I noticed that if I charge an almost full AAs I only get 2.5 hours with my SMQV before I see a red light.
I checked if the TX is setup to 250mW but it is not.
All AAs are brand new from the same order coming straight from MAHA.
Anybody experienced something similar?

Also do you guys discharge them before charging?
Las Vegas Nevada Sound Mixer

jason porter

jason porter
  • LocationToronto
I don't discharge them, but I do a "soft charge" as often as possible. Also, they lose about 10% of their charge per day while not in use. Are you using them "hot off the charger"?

Eventually, they will not hold as much of a charge as when they were new.

Mark Vesterskov

Mark Vesterskov
  • LocationOdense, Denmark
I'm all for the Eneloops XX - because they are a great compromise between capacity, and long term shelf life.

soundslikejustin

soundslikejustin
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
Powerex Imedions. I find them a bit better than the XX. Powerex 2700mah's? I threw them all out.
Justin Harrison
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
I take them off the charger and l put them in my TXs. I don't switch the TXs on till I get to the location.
My Powerex are brand new.
I always charge them after work and if I work a week later I put them in the charger the night before.

I don't discharge them, but I do a "soft charge" as often as possible. Also, they lose about 10% of their charge per day while not in use. Are you using them "hot off the charger"?

Eventually, they will not hold as much of a charge as when they were new.

aristotle_kumpis

aristotle_kumpis
  • LocationLos Angeles
I use the same batteries in my SMQV and I get at least 6 hours from it.

Nate C

Nate C
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I have found in my SMa's that I get at least another two hours after the red light comes on using Powerex 2700mah. This is the first production I have used them on so they are new.
If only my right shoe didn't squeak.

Rasmus Wedin

Rasmus Wedin
I've had my Powerex 2700 mahs for a year and a half and, so far, they've been great. Constant, high charges wich lasts all day. I always soft charge them and always use them within 3-4 days from chargeing. Also I do a "Soft-recycle-discharge" about every third month to keep them fresh.

I seriously doubt they loose 10% per day, Jason, where did you get that number? Atleast thats not my experience with them.

And Rado, remember, battery indicators are not always to be trusted when working with rechargable batteries. Rechargables are measured differently than alkalines.
Bad sound kills good music.

Richard Nault

Richard Nault
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

I'm all for the Eneloops XX - because they are a great compromise between capacity, and long term shelf life.

I've been using the Eneloops with great success, too... Seem to last a bit longer than my Powerex Imedions.

They're a little newer, too, so that kind of makes sense, doesn't it?

Cheers,

Rich
Richard Nault
www.soundmindproductions.com

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
Me too from the rest of them.
But the ones I put from the charger in the morning show a red line after 2.5 - 3 hours..

jason porter

jason porter
  • LocationToronto
Well, maybe not 10%/day ::) but the point I was trying to make was that their self-discharge rate is higher than other chemistries.

I would not use a nimh battery (in a Tx) that has been sitting on my shelf for more than 2 days, especially one that has been in use for a couple of years.

I currently use Imedions for all my AA needs and they are solid performers.

I've had my Powerex 2700 mahs for a year and a half and, so far, they've been great. Constant, high charges wich lasts all day. I always soft charge them and always use them within 3-4 days from chargeing. Also I do a "Soft-recycle-discharge" about every third month to keep them fresh.

I seriously doubt they loose 10% per day, Jason, where did you get that number? Atleast thats not my experience with them.

And Rado, remember, battery indicators are not always to be trusted when working with rechargable batteries. Rechargables are measured differently than alkalines.

jason porter

jason porter
  • LocationToronto
Rado,

Do you have a battery analyzer? Perhaps one of the pair is faulty? Any chance an older battery was mixed in with a newer?

Me too from the rest of them.
But the ones I put from the charger in the morning show a red line after 2.5 - 3 hours..

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
I do not have battery analyzer.

All batteries are from the same order.
But it makes sense that some of them might be faulty.
The ones that I take out of the SMQV after 2.5-3 hours go in a pack labeled "need charging".
Those are the ones I charge overnight and put in the SMQV in the morning.
Any recommendations for a battery analyzer??

Rado,

Do you have a battery analyzer? Perhaps one of the pair is faulty? Any chance an older battery was mixed in with a newer?

Angelo Waldron

Angelo Waldron
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Are you saying the SMQV does not measure the charge of the battery correctly?

RTFM

Jim Gilchrist

Jim Gilchrist
  • LocationMid-Atlantic

I do not have battery analyzer.

<snip>

Any recommendations for a battery analyzer??

Try the Powerex MH-C9000. It's about $70 list if memory serves, $50 from Thomas Distributing.
Posted Image

Best regards,
Jim

jason porter

jason porter
  • LocationToronto
+1 for the MH-C9000

RPSharman

RPSharman
  • LocationCambridge - UK
Rado,

Rechargeable batteries operate at a lower voltage. The transmitter LED indicator can show red very quickly, but that does not mean the battery is going dead. Lithium batteries operate at a higher voltage, and may show green right up until they have a sudden drop in voltage.

The best indicator for battery life is simply knowing how they last in your particular pieces of gear. Lectro receivers give you an option to measure time instead of voltage.

I use voltage indicator on the receiver for rechargeables, and have become quite good at knowing when to swap batteries, but I never use the transmitter LED.

Robert

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
Thanks Robert.
Very valuable information.
Do you know how accurate is the 9VT display on the receiver for powerex battery?

RPSharman

RPSharman
  • LocationCambridge - UK

Thanks Robert.
Very valuable information.
Do you know how accurate is the 9VT display on the receiver for powerex battery?

I monitor with AA setting on receiver, and swap when they get to about 1.2v.

The best thing to do is test out the performance with your batteries in your gear and get a feel for what you are comfortable with.

I use a slow charge, like others have suggested, and I always top off before use.

johnpaul215

johnpaul215
  • LocationPhiladelphia - PA - USA
Rado - there is an old thread about this. The red light can light up hours before the battery dies. I actually called Lectrosonics and got into a talk about it. From my memory, the Nimh batteries come in a lot of different capacities. They also have a very slow slope of voltage loss (compared to alkaline and especially lithium). Those capacity options, and slow slope of discharge, means that Lectro can't really make a Nimh setting that will work super accurately for all batteries.

Lectro's suggestion was to figure out the run time of the battery, and use the timer on your RXs.

On a film/reality job I use Powerex AA in my SMQVs and almost always make it till lunch, then wrap. It's a little more sketchy on documentary jobs without set meals/breaks, but I don't get stuck more than I did with any other transmitter.

johnpaul golaski - Philadelphia PA USA - www.JOHNPAUL215.com
FCC LP Call Sign WQQM443

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
Thanks, I meant AA not 9vt
I will buy the analyzer and check my batteries.
It was just strange to have the red light show up after 3 hours on some powerex and after 6 hours on other powerex.

I monitor with AA setting on receiver, and swap when they get to about 1.2v.

The best thing to do is test out the performance with your batteries in your gear and get a feel for what you are comfortable with.

I use a slow charge, like others have suggested, and I always top off before use.

LarryF

LarryF
  • LocationRio Rancho, New Mexico
Unless they have just been taken out of the charger or they are dead, NiMh batteries will measure 1.2 Volts. Further, they measure 1.2 Volts whether the remaining charge is good, bad or indifferent. Neither the transmitter and nor the receiver can give you accurate remaining life values on NiMh. The units will only read correctly with lithium or alkaline batteries. All this is in the manuals.

Get yourself a MH-C9000 from Powerex (Maha) charger as described above because it can analyze your battery and tell you if it is ready for the trash or not. As long as the batteries are both good and 100% charged, the timer on the receiver will tell you when it is time to replace the battery. It will save you both money and unhappy clients.
Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
Thanks Larry,
I will buy the MH-C9000 because all my Powerex are brand new from the same order 2 months ago,

Unless they have just been taken out of the charger or they are dead, NiMh batteries will measure 1.2 Volts. Further, they measure 1.2 Volts whether the remaining charge is good, bad or indifferent. Neither the transmitter and nor the receiver can give you accurate remaining life values on NiMh. The units will only read correctly with lithium or alkaline batteries. All this is in the manuals.

Get yourself a MH-C9000 from Powerex (Maha) charger as described above because it can analyze your battery and tell you if it is ready for the trash or not. As long as the batteries are both good and 100% charged, the timer on the receiver will tell you when it is time to replace the battery. It will save you both money and unhappy clients.
Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

LarryF

LarryF
Hi Rado,
The batteries vary a tiny bit as they age and the red to green transition of the transmitter is right in the middle of their nominal 1.2 Volts. One battery may measure 1.21 Volts after a few hours and the next one may measure 1.19 Volts at the same run time, causing the transmitter to cry wolf.
Best,
Larry F
Lectro

[snip]
It was just strange to have the red light show up after 3 hours on some powerex and after 6 hours on other powerex.

studiomprd

studiomprd
  • LocationHollywood CA
" show a red line after 2.5 - 3 hours.. " + " RTFM " + " Rechargeable batteries operate at a lower voltage. " + " NiMh batteries will measure 1.2 Volts. Further, they measure 1.2 Volts whether the remaining charge is good, bad or indifferent. Neither the transmitter and nor the receiver can give you accurate remaining life values on NiMh. The units will only read correctly with lithium or alkaline batteries. All this is in the manuals. "
::)

It is like Deja Vu all over again... ^_^
SENATOR Mike Michaels, c.a.s.
Studio M Productions

Rasmus Wedin

Rasmus Wedin
Inspired by this thread I set out to do a little test, last night, for discharge rate of the Powerex 2700s. And I got some very interresting results indeed.

I've been taking some much needed vacation during christmas and January, so my audiokit, including my powerex batteries, have just been sitting in my flat for the last 35 days. The batteries are about 1,5 years old. The last thing I did, just before christmas, was to do a Slow-discharge-recycle, so they were fully charged for storing. That was the 21st of December.

I decided to test them on my In ear monitoring system (1 Tx Ew G3 / 2 Rx IEM G3) cause I have tested them before, with batteries fresh of the charger, and know the max run time I usually get with the Powerex. Tx 12 Hours, Rx 16 Hours. I fired the system up and this was the result (in hours). The "Now"-Numbers rounded downwards to nearest 15 minutes:

Max - Now
Tx 12 - 11,5
Rx 1: 16 - 14,5
Rx 2: 16 - 15

So, all in all, after 35 days "on the shelf" the Powerex 2700s had discharged between 4-10% of it's charge. Thats an average of 0,2% /day. Thats pretty damn good for such a high capacity battery. I think we can throw the "10% a day" claim out the window.

LarryF

LarryF
Hi Rasmus,
Thanks for the results on your batteries. I think in general you are correct. However, a few years ago we were using the Eveready 15 minute(!) fast charger and actually for a while shipped one out with the early MM and SM transmitters to get users to try rechageable NiMh with these units since the units would only run for an hour and a half on alkaline AA's. Further, lithium AA's were expen$ive and a little hard to find at that time. We experienced the rapid self discharge on many high capacity batteries that had been blasted by the Eveready 15 minute charger. Eveready's 2200mAh batteries were somewhat tolerant of the fast charge but the 2700 mAh Sanyo's and others including the 2500mAh Eveready batteries were quickly ruined. They were OK if you used them the same day they were charged but several days later, they had only a half charge left. Eveready no longer sells that 15 minute charger which is a telling fact. I would guess there are other chargers which are not good for high capacity batteries. The Maha (PowerEx) 1 hour charger seems to be the best blend between doing quick charging and not leaving the battery a smoking ruin. I've also had good personal luck with the iPower GC-60 charger though it is much simpler with fewer modes than the Maha unit.
Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

Inspired by this thread I set out to do a little test, last night, for discharge rate of the Powerex 2700s. And I got some very interresting results indeed.

I've been taking some much needed vacation during christmas and January, so my audiokit, including my powerex batteries, have just been sitting in my flat for the last 35 days. The batteries are about 1,5 years old. The last thing I did, just before christmas, was to do a Slow-discharge-recycle, so they were fully charged for storing. That was the 21st of December.

I decided to test them on my In ear monitoring system (1 Tx Ew G3 / 2 Rx IEM G3) cause I have tested them before with batteries fresh of the charger and know the max run time they have with the Powerex. Tx 12 Hours, Rx 16 Hours. I fired the system up and this was the result (in hours). The "Now"-Numbers rounded downwards to nearest 15 minutes:

Max - Now
Tx 12 - 11,5
Rx 1: 16 - 14,5
Rx 2: 16 - 15

So, all in all, after 35 days "on the shelf" the Powerex 2700s had discharged between 4-10% of it's charge. Thats an average of 0,2% /day. Thats pretty damn good for such a high capacity battery. I think we can throw the "10% a day" claim out the window.

jason porter

jason porter
  • LocationToronto
I just ran a test of my own.

I charged 8 powerex 2700's (just over a year old) and let them sit for 2 days, they were taken off the charger night of the 23rd.

NONE of the batteries would power up an SMV (100mw) just a bunch of blinking leds. An Imedion, which had been living in the same Tx (for more than 2 weeks) powered it up without issue.

Here are the measurements/usage times, I randomly chose one of the set of 8.

2 days off the charger- 1.32v, will not power SMV
hot off the charger- 1.37v, RED led after 8 mins, 1.12v (23 mins total runtime)

Perhaps I got a bad batch? Perhaps I just used them too much? They did get used heavily last year on a reality show.

Jim Rillie

Jim Rillie
  • LocationHalifax, NS

I charged 8 powerex 2700's (just over a year old) and let them sit for 2 days, they were taken off the charger night of the 23rd.

NONE of the batteries would power up an SMV (100mw) just a bunch of blinking leds. An Imedion, which had been living in the same Tx (for more than 2 weeks) powered it up without issue.
Hi jason,

I have only very rarely had such dismal results with Powerex batteries, even when charged for longer than 2 days.
Sounds like they are just about toasted. Maybe a renew cycle will help them.
I've been using the Powerex 2700's for a good few years now in my MMs, SMas, and SMVs with great results.Hot off the charger about 1.39 to 1.42 volts - red in about 1or 2 hours - life 3 to 4 hours.
I have seen the performance you mention in the odd battery, and I figure that's the time to replace.

Regards,

Jim Rillie

Jason wrote:

hot off the charger- 1.37v, RED led after 8 mins, 1.12v

Perhaps I got a bad batch? Perhaps I just used them too much? They did get used heavily last year on a reality show.

LarryF

LarryF
Hi Jason,
How long had the batteries been sitting around unused before you charged them? The first charge or two on a battery that has been unused for 3 months or so will not give you anywhere near full capacity. The second charge-discharge is typically 85% and the third charge is 100%. This is for a good battery. A worn out one will never recover, of course.
Best,
Larry F
Lectro

hot off the charger- 1.37v, RED led after 8 mins, 1.12v (23 mins total runtime)

benr

benr
  • LocationSacramento, CA
+2 for the Maha C-9000 smart charger, best charger I have ever owned. On top of that the Sanyo Eneloops are second to none interms of quality and long life and low discharge. Get some of those and give them a try. I have been using them for years and they have always performed perfectly.

Rasmus Wedin

Rasmus Wedin
23 minutes total runtime? That sounds like a joke. But I highly doubt there can be such a huge difference between batteries of the same brand. I don't have any lectros to test on, but I just did a test with the, now 36 days old, Powerexes in one of my Sennheiser 2000 lavs set to 100 mW. It ran for 7 hours straight, wich is about 89% of normal max capacity.

The only explanation I see is you've worn them out by fast charging and not discharging them properly. Like I said, I only do slow charge and discharge them completly every three months. It seams like the obvious conclusion, looking at our vastly different results.

I agree with Larry, you should definitly try and charge them again, preferably with a complete discharge of some sort, I don't know what charger you got. The C-9000 might be a good idea for you. Wish they made that one in a 8-bat version. Personally I use three C801D cause I got a lot of batteries to charge.

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
So I have to discharge them???

23 minutes total runtime? That sounds like a joke. But I highly doubt there can be such a huge difference between batteries of the same brand. I don't have any lectros to test on, but I just did a test with the, now 36 days old, Powerexes in one of my Sennheiser 2000 lavs set to 100 mW. It ran for 7 hours straight, wich is about 89% of normal max capacity.

The only explanation I see is you've worn them out by fast charging and not discharging them properly. Like I said, I only do slow charge and discharge them completly every three months. It seams like the obvious conclusion, looking at our vastly different results.

I agree with Larry, you should definitly try and charge them again, preferably with a complete discharge of some sort, I don't know what charger you got. The C-9000 might be a good idea for you. Wish they made that one in a 8-bat version. Personally I use three C801D cause I got a lot of batteries to charge.

LarryF

LarryF
Only if they have not been used for months. Then they should be run through a charge and discharge cycle. Again, the Maha charger will tell you the capacity. If it is still low, try another cycle. If you don't see major improvement on each cycle and the capacity is stlii low, trash can them.
Larry F

Rasmus Wedin

Rasmus Wedin

If I remember correctly, I think I did a full "slow-discharge-recycle" the first time I ever charged my Powerexs. To break them in. And then every third month. Also, like I've said, always slow charge them. When you got a good charge, try them out in your gear a few times so you know what the run time is and don't have to rely on the bat indicator wich will be off anyway. Thats what I do and I've never had a flat battery during shooting since I got them. Been close once though.

jason porter

jason porter
  • LocationToronto
They have definitely been sitting around for a few months (I no longer use these as my "work" batteries, Imedions only) and they had probably completely discharged AND were at the end of their life before I did my test. I was definitely seeing faster self-discharge times with these batteries, probably a combination of all of the above. It is what prompted me to go to the Imedions.

Hi Jason,
How long had the batteries been sitting around unused before you charged them? The first charge or two on a battery that has been unused for 3 months or so will not give you anywhere near full capacity. The second charge-discharge is typically 85% and the third charge is 100%. This is for a good battery. A worn out one will never recover, of course.
Best,
Larry F
Lectro

jason porter

jason porter
  • LocationToronto
No, I am sure these results were not typical!! :)

I have 2 of the C801 chargers and since I "upgraded" to the Imedions, I purchased the C-9000s, which I use for conditioning and analyzing only (or mostly, atleast)

I am glad you are having such great runtime with the 2700's, I was getting the same type of performance until I didn't! :)

BTW, These were being used on a job where they needed to be charged sometimes as much as 5 times a day!!!

LarryF

LarryF
My three months statement doesn't apply to Eneloops and other low discharge NiMh batteries. Their time scale is on the order of a year or so.
LarryF

Hi Jason,
Best,
Larry F
Lectro

Davideo

Davideo
  • LocationBerkeley Heights, NJ

+1

Rasmus Wedin

Rasmus Wedin

No, I am sure these results were not typical!! :)

I have 2 of the C801 chargers and since I "upgraded" to the Imedions, I purchased the C-9000s, which I use for conditioning and analyzing only (or mostly, atleast)

I am glad you are having such great runtime with the 2700's, I was getting the same type of performance until I didn't! :)

BTW, These were being used on a job where they needed to be charged sometimes as much as 5 times a day!!!

I'm pretty surprised myself actually, by my own test results. I was shure there was gonna be atleast some sort of memory effect after 1,5 years and a much larger discharge after 35 days on the shelf. That was a very plesant surprise.

I guess fast charging 5 times a day is not that apreciated by rechargables. I solved it by buying double the amount of batteries that I needed for all my gear. That way I can always soft charge them, cause there is never any hurry to get fresh ones. And since they hold their charge so good there is now way I could drain them fast enough to be able to charge them 5 times a day, even if I worked a 24 hours shift.

Doesn't the C-9000 have some sort of "resurect"-function for dead batteries? Would be nice to see if you could save batteries in that state or if they're just paperweights at this point.

soundslikejustin

soundslikejustin
Tried the 'ressurect' function (actually called break in) on the last 4 2700's I had. They failed the initial impedance check that the charger does, meaning they should be binned. These batteries had been abused though...
Justin Harrison
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

studiomprd

studiomprd
  • LocationHollywood CA
" So I have to discharge them??? "
conditioning...
SENATOR Mike Michaels, c.a.s.
Studio M Productions

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
Just got the MH-C9000 charger.
I am a little confused with the setup.
When I select Charge or Refresh/analize how much should I set the discharge rate - "MA"?
Thanks

Flipstar

Flipstar
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Just got the MH-C9000 charger.
I am a little confused with the setup.
When I select Charge or Refresh/analize how much should I set the discharge rate - "MA"?
Thanks

I believe the manual has a general number, and this is off the Maha website.

What are the recommended charging and discharging current for my battery?

The recommended charging current is 0.5C, or 0.5 times the battery capacity. The recommended discharging current is 0.25C, or 0.25C times the battery capacity. Here are some settings for common batteries:

2700mAh Charge: 1300mA Discharge: 700mA

2650mAh Charge: 1300mA Discharge: 700mA

2500mAh Charge: 1200mA Discharge: 600mA

2300mAh Charge: 1100mA Discharge: 600mA

2200mAh Charge: 1100mA Discharge: 600mA

2100mAh Charge: 1000mA Discharge: 500mA

2000mAh Charge: 1000mA Discharge: 500mA

1000mAh Charge: 500mA Discharge: 200mA

900mAh Charge: 400mA Discharge: 200mA

850mAh Charge: 400mA Discharge: 200mA

800mAh Charge: 400mA Discharge: 200mA

700mAh Charge: 300mA Discharge: 200mA

650mAh Charge: 300mA Discharge: 200mA

600mAh Charge: 300mA Discharge: 200mA

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
Thanks.
It was not in the manual I got.

I believe the manual has a general number, and this is off the Maha website.

What are the recommended charging and discharging current for my battery?

The recommended charging current is 0.5C, or 0.5 times the battery capacity. The recommended discharging current is 0.25C, or 0.25C times the battery capacity. Here are some settings for common batteries:

2700mAh Charge: 1300mA Discharge: 700mA
2650mAh Charge: 1300mA Discharge: 700mA
2500mAh Charge: 1200mA Discharge: 600mA
2300mAh Charge: 1100mA Discharge: 600mA
2200mAh Charge: 1100mA Discharge: 600mA
2100mAh Charge: 1000mA Discharge: 500mA
2000mAh Charge: 1000mA Discharge: 500mA
1000mAh Charge: 500mA Discharge: 200mA
900mAh Charge: 400mA Discharge: 200mA
850mAh Charge: 400mA Discharge: 200mA
800mAh Charge: 400mA Discharge: 200mA
700mAh Charge: 300mA Discharge: 200mA
650mAh Charge: 300mA Discharge: 200mA
600mAh Charge: 300mA Discharge: 200mA

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
How long does the Refresh/analyze take????????
It has been 9 hours....

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
2570mah 1.44V is the result from 2 that finished.
is 1.4V normal?

LarryF

LarryF
Yes. It will immediately fall to 1.25-1.2V when it is being used.
Cheers,
Larry F
Lectro

2570mah 1.44V is the result from 2 that finished.
is 1.4V normal?

RadoStefanov

RadoStefanov
  • LocationLas Vegas US
Thanks Larry,

Yes. It will immediately fall to 1.25-1.2V when it is being used.
Cheers,
Larry F
Lectro

soundslikejustin

soundslikejustin

How long does the Refresh/analyze take????????
It has been 9 hours....

Refresh/analyze takes a while, I think the manual says up to 14 hours (depending on the state of your batteries and how fast you charge/discharge them). Break-in takes anywhere from 32-48 hours.
Justin Harrison
Brisbane, QLD, Australia