A google search box on the jw site?

soundtrane

I had sort of given up on the Search function but it has been reported to me that it has improved right after the last software update I did a week ago or so. I think it is still a little wonky. As pointed out several times, Google is routinely crawling JWSOUND and a Google search quite often delivers very good result. I do not see, however, the necessity of putting a Google branded search box integrated into this site. In Safari (my browser of choice) there is a Google Search box right in the browser --- if I do a Google search that includes "jwsound" or "jwsoundgroup" (probably not using quotes) in the search, it almost always immediately returns posts from this site with the content/topic being searched.

to search via google use the following in a google search box and use the item you want info on directly after the site name.

site:jwsoundgroup.net boom pole

my search using the term boom pole = 1,582 results

this technique can be used for any site. just change the site name and the search term item.

I have found the Google searches using the above suggested method to really work well. I wasn't able to get it to work at first, I think you need a space between the : and jwsoundgroup.net. Not entirely sure so try both.

site:jwsoundgroup.net thing (no space after colon, but space after jwsoundgroup.net)

site: jwsoundgroup.net thing (space after colon)