This story is too funny to pass up..

Richard Ragon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the guy who can afford the Caddy (or whose parents can) who can also afford to work for free.

That's the same as a "DP" who buys a 7D and starts his/her career offering services and equipment for close to nothing.

Check the Ed Burns thread. Yikes.

I also saw the "Safe House" trailer. It looks like it was shot on an iPhone, yet they hired a brilliant DP, capable of genius, wanting their movie to look as shitty as others shot on handy-cams.

Have to wonder if they got this close to shooting without having sound lined up.

If they had just sold some IMDB (donation) profiles, they would have the budget to hire someone ;)

That would require planning, forethought... And giving a damn about your ENTIRE product, not just what goes through the glass holes.

HOLLY SMOKES!! You guys are NOT going to believe this.. Just when we were ALL thinking this was an un-believable story.. I actualy ran into the sound mixer who in fact, did total his car on the way to the sound gig in question.. He told me the story, behind it.. Escallade vs. Freeway wall..

I told him to come on to the forum..

-Richard

The way I see it.. Saturday morning for $50... the guy with the caddie tried to kill himself on the way to the job, and failed.

Got a call this morning. apparently the original sound guy had a "Family Emergency". I as told I needed 4 wireless lav's, boom, recorder, mixer, comteks.

And I would be paid $125 for the day.

Sound Technician (Los Angeles)

Date: 2012-03-02, 7:57AM PST

Reply to: hjtnk-2880600733@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Good Morning..

We just had our Sound Tech cancel due to a family emergency, and we are looking for a last minute replacement. We need someone who has their own sound equipment and the experience to operate it for a 5 hour shoot today. Call time would be 11 a.m. and you would be done by 3. We are shooting on a 5-D and 4 people will be involved in the scene. The scene is an unscripted sit down meeting, along with an interview to follow that we need excellent audio to be captured.

Pay is $125

Please call Moe at 206.714.8555

Thank You!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 2880600733

You can always try for moe, I mean more.

Meanwhile, posted Friday.

"Scheduling conflict!! I need a replacement shooter with his own camera. Preferably HVX 200. Friday 10 a.m. - 2pm Send your info and I'll get you the details.

Please don't be pyscho I am trusting you with my client sight unseen."

Later: But I said "Please"!!

fb9.jpg

Sound Technician (Los Angeles) Date: 2012-03-02, 7:57AM PST Reply to: hjtnk-2880600733@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]Good Morning.. We just had our Sound Tech cancel due to a family emergency, and we are looking for a last minute replacement. We need someone who has their own sound equipment and the experience to operate it for a 5 hour shoot today. Call time would be 11 a.m. and you would be done by 3. We are shooting on a 5-D and 4 people will be involved in the scene. The scene is an unscripted sit down meeting, along with an interview to follow that we need excellent audio to be captured. Pay is $125 Please call Moe at 206.714.8555 Thank You!
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 2880600733

HA!

you will see one that pops up for a 50 day gig in vancouver once a week or so. These people call me once a week. They started at 100/day for a full package of stuff. Then they started going up every week.

Every time I tell them no, about 5 minutes later there is a craigslist ad for it.

here we go -

Hi Chris,

About our project:

In Dec 2010, we shot the first half of a low budget feature titled, FIREFLIES. We are prepping to shoot the second half and are looking for a sound operator with equipment. The shoot dates are March 15-21. The first three days are interiors in Los Angeles, and the last 4 days are on the road filming the road trip with picture car ('72 buick convertible). There are 3 main characters in most of the scenes so a minimum of 3 lavs are required.

Our director is JJ Lask, who's film ON THE ROAD WITH JUDAS, played at Sundance 2007. Our DP is John Honore. We have a very talented team and would be interested in speaking with you. The rate is 100/day + expendables.

If you are interested, please let me know and we can schedule a time to speak.

Thanks so much,

Jason