Anyone plugging a small inverter into a PSC Power Station?

RPSharman

I was visiting PSC the other day, and talked to their engineer about plugging a small inverter into the Power Station.  He says as long as it doesn't draw more than the maximum amperage of the Power Station, then it should be fine.

I want to power my laptop, HD, and Fireface 800 with the Power Station/inverter rig.  Anyone have any experience with this?  A pure sine wave 400w inverter ought to do the trick.  It will be the only thing plugged into the Power Station.  Everything else on my cart runs 12v on PSC Cart Power and 33aH Pelican battery.

Thanks,

Robert Sharman

I want to power my laptop, HD, and Fireface 800 with the Power Station/inverter rig.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Beware of inverters with "vibrating" power supplies or fans.  Both make too much noise to rely on in a quiet room.  Whatever you buy, make sure you can return it if it puts out too much mechanical noise.

We used a 40AH battery and an inverter on an independent horror picture last year to power a Metacorder setup (Yamaha 01X board and Mac Powerbook).  But that was shot about 80% outdoors, and the inverter was the last of our worries in regards to noise.

--Marc W.