RAMPS/JWS NAB Party: Are you coming?

Jim Feeley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I went on to the r.a.m.p.s. newsgroup to post the info about the r.a.m.p.s. annual party, details, dates, etc., and there has been absolutely no replies, comments or any evidence of life...  it's kind of sad. I hope the few that are still there participating in the newsgroup appreciate that the party will forever be the r.a.m.p.s. party, this time celebrating its 20th year!

Last count, 58 people had RSVP'd on Jim Feeley's sign up page. This the usual number. Since we always have add ons plus friends that come along, the actual number will be in the 80's. It will be a good (fun) turnout.

Best,

Larry F

I went on to the r.a.m.p.s. newsgroup to post the info about the r.a.m.p.s. annual party, details, dates, etc., and there has been absolutely no replies, comments or any evidence of life...  it's kind of sad. I hope the few that are still there participating in the newsgroup appreciate that the party will forever be the r.a.m.p.s. party, this time celebrating its 20th year!

Ya, we didn't get any RSVP response when I posted there around the time I first posted details here. I remember when David Barr Yaffe was trying to drum up 100 people to sign his petition to get RAMPS started. Sigh.

Hi Everyone,

Here's the menu for the RAMPS/JWS party next Tuesday night. Thanks to Kathy Baca at Lectrosonics for arranging a great buffet at the Satay Thai Bistro. Looks like a great selection of food at a great price. Hope to see you all next week.

post-286-0-75320100-1364834620_thumb.png

Hey, Jim, this post isn't going to confuse anyone is it? This is the same event as the R.A.M.P.S./JWSOUND Party that Larry Fisher, Kathy Baca (Lectrosonics) and several others have historically and graciously helped organize for so many years.

Hey Jeff. I think I'm misreading your note and concern. Kathy forwarded me the menu and price for the RAMPS/JWS party, and I posted it since we hadn't previously announced the final menu and price. And since it's in the RAMPS/JWS party thread, I figured people would figure out the posting applied to that event. But whatcha thinking? 

No harm, no foul. I just didn't want anyone to get confused thinking possibly that Lectrosonics was doing something else on another day (I read it and even looked at the date to see if that was what was happening). I'm confident no one got confused except possibly me!

Now, the only thing I'm a little concerned about with the MENU that has been posted is that there isn't a lot going on for the vegitarians (like me) with so many of the dishes having meat in them. We might want to look into some additional offerings for the veggie crowd (I know that Satay does have these things). Just a thought.

No harm, no foul. I just didn't want anyone to get confused thinking possibly that Lectrosonics was doing something else on another day (I read it and even looked at the date to see if that was what was happening). I'm confident no one got confused except possibly me!

Ah. Good point. I made a slight edit to my post that will hopefully make everything clear.

Now, the only thing I'm a little concerned about with the MENU that has been posted is that there isn't a lot going on for the vegitarians (like me) with so many of the dishes having meat in them. We might want to look into some additional offerings for the veggie crowd (I know that Satay does have these things). Just a thought.

Two of the six are veggie. Same as previous years but I'm open to suggestions for next year. Two of six seemed reasonable given it's mostly a carnivorous crowd.

Best,

Larry F

As an official announcement, since I'm pretty much retired from working after 50+years and not going to be going to NAB anymore I've handed the RAMPS/JW Mixers party MC dutys to Dave Fisk of K-Tek. Please welcome him as the new host/MC and official door prize giver outer. Thank you all for all the fun at the mixers partys for the past 20+ years.

Eric  

Two of the six are veggie. Same as previous years but I'm open to suggestions for next year. Two of six seemed reasonable given it's mostly a carnivorous crowd.

Best,

Larry F

You're right Larry, decent ratio. Any of us vegetarians and the few vegans (that's a whole other "problem") will be able to work things out even if we deal with the kitchen directly (which I have done in the past). You and Kathy did good, and thank you.