Headphone Send to Director From 702

jdutaillis

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for the best way to do a headphone send from a 702, so the director can monitor as well.

At the moment I'm thinking of taking a send from either the TA3 Master Out (using just L or R channel) or the Tape Out (not sure which would be better) to a Lectro LMa. This would then transmit to a Lectro R1a which the director would have his cans plugged into.

Is this the best way to go about it?

Would this even work?

Do you have a better way I can do this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jo

A TA3- TA5 adapter cable from one of the main outputs would be the most straightforward.

Since the LMa is only a single channel, if you use the stereo tape out, you have to worry about either combining the channels or selecting one or the other.

If you are good with the soldering iron, it isn't that difficult a cable to make. Otherwise, your local dealer should be able to make one up pretty easily as well.

Thanks Matt. I was thinking the TA3 to TA5 is the best way to go about it as well. Is making one of these up what you were talking about with the soldering iron? I make all my own cables so it shouldn't be a problem!

Alan - Unfortunately not. I'm in Australia where dealers and distributors are less than helpful in letting you try out gear. I don't know any other location guys that own this gear either. So here I am to ask you fine people who have far more experience than I!

Alan - Unfortunately not. I'm in Australia where dealers and distributors are less than helpful in letting you try out gear. I don't know any other location guys that own this gear either. So here I am to ask you fine people who have far more experience than I!

Try Soundequip - they have a Sydney office now, are Lectro and Sound Devices dealers, and really helpful. All real soundos too.

http://www.soundequi....au/contact.htm

As for the original question, I've done exactly as the others have suggested with my 702 - except using a Sennheiser G3 Transmitter and Sennheiser IEM receivers. Both using TA3F to Sennheiser type TRS minijack wired ring-sleeve, and a little TRS to TRS lead for the tape out as well. SD702 end wired Tip-Sleeve (for left channel), Senny end wired Ring-Sleeve with tip shorted to sleeve for line in. Works fine.