QRX100 timecode issue

Taller

I have an issue with the QRX100 running t/c.

From camera into QRX is solid; From QRX to TRX900 is solid; TRX900 into 788 is solid, but then the 788 starts running slower within a few minutes. I've tried feeding the 788 from an ERXtcd and get the same problem. In the jam menu on the 788 I can see the RX and TX t/c, and the TX always ends up a second or two behind. I have tried with a second 788, same problem. I've also tried with a lockit box and that's absolutely fine. What's confusing is that timecode is correct all the way through the chain but something is forcing the 788's TX timecode to slow.

This only happens if the 788 is hardwired to either the TRX900 or the ERXtcd, not if the QRX and 788 are jammed and left to run. Any ideas?

Hi Justin thanks for replying. Yes the timecode rates are all the same at 25fr . I've been through the settings numerous times but it still seems that when I hardwire into the 788 from the trx900 or the ERX the 788 will slow. The incoming (RX) is fine but not the outgoing (TX). Camera, QRX, TRX900, and into the 788 will be rock solid when checked with a master clock but as soon as I run the 788 t/c from the TRX900 the RX slows. Am lost for ideas now.

How do you initially "jam" the ERX and/or QRX unit?

Ask because I've got similar issues (but not time code related) that I believe involve conflicting transmission of time code and audio via two IFB 2.4GHz sources running at the same time (QRX conflicting with IFB100).

This is something I hope to solve this weekend with some other eyes, brains and ears in the room. I think it's a question of timing and being sure to only have one audio/time code broadcast active at one time.

Maybe we could do some kind of audio/video phone or Skype together to figure it out.

PM or call.