Jeff Wexler, available for work

Well, I will be the first to try this out. I am looking for work. I do not have anything lined up until November, possibly even later, and I would like to know about movies that might be coming up before that time. As most of you know, I do primarily feature films and have not, as yet, gotten into the TV arena.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Dave,

You shouldn't mis-lead newbies like that, shame on you! ;)

Jeff, craigslist is a great place to gain valuable experience.  You should consider working for  credit/lunch (read: FREE) to get your "foot in the door" of those big time TV producers!  They will use you on the next paying gig :)

-Jason (I love shoveling shit first thing in the morning :) )

jw,

think of all the boom ops, 2nd boom's, 3rd's and even post that you helped and nurtured thruought the years (30?)  that are now sound mixers. maybe thay can "throw you a bone" let you day play or do 2nd unit. (they might not get there job back if they let you "sit in there chair").

its funny to think when we talk about the manufactorers and vendors  who were for-runners or revolutionary in a particular medium or with certain products.

but what about this sound mixer who years ago, took the chance,"saw the light" took his "blinders off" and helped solve the work flow issues and problems that occur with post(even today) he took that step several years ago as far as R & D and still today he is leading the way we do things now and in the way we will in the future.

just my 2c's

• 1 month later...

You should contact the local 695 and ask them for help.

It is a common misconception that the union can get you jobs. Unlike other real labor unions in the past, where there was the so-called "hiring hall" the I.A. does not have a history of operating this way. The union does help all union members get work, of course, since it is only union members who can do union work. When a job is secured, you are assured of a union standard pay rate and contractually obligated working conditions. The closest thing to the hiring hall is the Availability List which is typically under-utilized and not terribly helpful.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler