Iphone spectrum analyser

Boom Danny

I use this:

protrack_in_hand_wtouch_medium.jpg

It works with most iphone and ipod touches. Many apps available for spectrum analysis, signal generators, even 16/44.1 wav stereo backup recording or MP3 transcription recording. Powered by battery (4 AAA) or DC input.

It has (2) 1/4" trs line in's or (2) XLR mic level in (with selectable 48v) (internal mics become bypassed with anything plugged in). Great little tool. It can also be used with most regular ipods (nano's, classic, etc...) and uses the voice memo tool to record 16/44.1 wav files or mp3's.

http://www.alesis.com/protrack

I use this:

protrack_in_hand_wtouch_medium.jpg

It works with most iphone and ipod touches. Many apps available for spectrum analysis, signal generators, even 16/44.1 wav stereo backup recording or MP3 transcription recording. Powered by battery (4 AAA) or DC input.

It has (2) 1/4" trs line in's or (2) XLR mic level in (with selectable 48v) (internal mics become bypassed with anything plugged in). Great little tool. It can also be used with most regular ipods (nano's, classic, etc...) and uses the voice memo tool to record 16/44.1 wav files or mp3's.

http://www.alesis.com/protrack

Now thats an interesting gadget. Looks like its about $150 from Amazon too. Few people stated it doesnt hold the iphone in at the top though, how have you gotten past that? And does it have headphone monitoring?

Now thats an interesting gadget. Looks like its about $150 from Amazon too. Few people stated it doesnt hold the iphone in at the top though, how have you gotten past that? And does it have headphone monitoring?

Not totally sure what they mean about not holding the iphone in at the top. They might be referring to the fact that a moderate sideways push on either side of the iphone (or ipod touch) may un-dock the ipod. However, they ship with foam risers and plastic housings that help keep different models in place better. I have found my ipod touch and nano stay in place fairly well with just the foam riser and no plastic housing. The plastic housings don't fit my version very well. I contemplated making my own side "rails" or "blocks" to hold it better in place because I was nervous, but never got around to it and never had any problems.

And yes, it does have headphone monitoring. Stereo 1/8" jack between the XLR/TRS combo inputs. The headphones will always work during record and while idle, however some model's of ipods will not playback through the device. (check alesis website for compatibility list). For example my one ipod classic won't playback the recorded files through the alesis, you have to undock it and plug headphones into the actual ipod. But my nano 3rd generation and ipod touch 2nd generation DO playback through the alesis.

Great tool/problem solver and amazing for the price. Note: don't use the onboard limiters... they sound terrible and add a loud hiss to the track.

it its possible to a line in and a spectum analyser app to monitoring the spectrum ?

i know its a big dely .. between the recorder out and the iphone ...

gets its another option on a laptop ? (maybe Freeware)

No stupid question right?: So why would you typically use a spectrum analyser for location recording? Isn it for recording music mostlty