Red Scarlet timecode input

Matt Martin: did you get it figured out?  i soldered one the first way (looking INTO the jack on the camera) and it didnt work today.  so i switched it and ill see if it takes tomorrow.  those two images are contradictory but ill just keep soldering til the little TC symbol lights up.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Martin: did you get it figured out? i soldered one the first way (looking INTO the jack on the camera) and it didnt work today. so i switched it and ill see if it takes tomorrow. those two images are contradictory but ill just keep soldering til the little TC symbol lights up.

just solder it the way you are supposed to. The wiring is very clear.

• 3 months later...

Hopefully I can clear up the confusion a bit, having just made this cable and having it work.
Rado's color picture of the lemo plug is correct. However, I believe that the wording on the black and white pin diagram that Rado has provided is wrong. It is not looking into the Scarlet socket, but shows the pins looking at the lemo plug in the same direction that his color picture is taken.

Mr. Harber's first pinout diagram is correct for looking into the Scarlet socket.
It is also, (handily) the pin orientation for soldering to the pins in the back of the lemo plug.

So this pin diagram is correct:

(for looking into the Scarlet socket  and for looking at the solder pin side of the Lemo plug)

post-8-0-56095300-1354342349.png

And this picture is correct:

red-graph.jpg

Thanks to everyone providing information in the ongoing battle between the Red camera and the proper functioning of sound departments everywhere.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin