Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

2 hours ago, PhforAndAfter said:

Here's my current setup. Really liking the Orca, it was a recent upgrade. I do wish I had a better place for the NP1 cup, though - everything but the side pocket is taken up. Maybe I'll rearrange at some point soon to stick it in the back pocket?

IMG_20160427_173321973_HDR.jpg

How about under the 633?

Here's my current setup. Really liking the Orca, it was a recent upgrade. I do wish I had a better place for the NP1 cup, though - everything but the side pocket is taken up. Maybe I'll rearrange at some point soon to stick it in the back pocket?

IMG_20160427_173321973_HDR.jpg

How about under the 633?

I like to keep a Sony L batt on the underside of the 633 as emergency backup, but maybe that's unnecessary. There's also a fair amount of cabling under there. Maybe I can make it work though, I'll give it a shot!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My small docu audio bag (I'm a DP...)

SonosaxR4_Lectro_audioroots_zpschdo8304.

Holds :

My beloved Sonosax R4 in a customized Portabrace mini 302

Lectrosonics SRb reciever

Audioroot 45wh battery  (I can shoot 2 days with 2x48v and 2x line)

and some spare space for a SMB transmitter. I could add 2 more channels (Sennheiser G3 recievers) in the unballanced stereo line in.

1,8kg

Patrick

My Petrol was showing its age so just switched to the Orca 32....will use it for first time tomorrow and see how it goes. Went with the 32 over the 30 for more room since I still use the 552 every once in a while, and may switch to a 644/688 in near future. 

IMG_0621.jpg

My latest Semi-Portable Production Kit......... based on bulletproof proven technology with a hint of lemon.

1x Orca 34 (Modified) Bag

2x Orca 38 Small Pouches

1x SGS TM1 Tablet Mount

1x Sound Devices 788T-SD Mixer/Recorder

1x Sound Devices CL8 Controller

1x Sound Devices CL-WiFi Interface

1x Apple iPad Mini 4 Tablet

4x Lectrosonics 411a Receivers

2x Lectrosonics UM400a Transmitters

2x Lectrosonics SMV Transmitters

2x Lectrosonics LT Transmitters

2x Lectrosonics LTBATELIMs 

1x Hawk-Woods NPC-SQN4S (Modified) Power Distribution

1x Hawk-Woods i-PW2 (Modified) 5V Regulator

1x IDX NP-L7S Lithium Battery

Steve Foy - Sound Kit.jpg

On 21/05/2016 at 11:05 PM, PhforAndAfter said:

IMG_20160427_173321973_HDR.jpgDoes the bag have a space for larger Sony batteries underneath? Also is it necessary to have angled cables?

Three 411s',  Battery Bud, and Sting Ray First Version KSRA1, NP-1 for Lectros, Sony batteries for mixer, have depth under mixer to add second NP-1 and cup to power mixer!!

IMG_6303.JPG

Edited by jwill
add info relevant to thread

• 4 weeks later...

Because its belt transmitters have the possibility to vary the emission power from 10mW to 100mW and because his receivers are true diversity receiver with four receiving modules, one for each antenna and each channel. Also with just two transmitters I can cover the entire range from 470MHz to 698MHz.

That's my 633, 2 411 and 1 SRb into a Stingray junior. It's a snug fit but it fits! It's pretty light and close to my body. I just switched bag from an OR-30 so my stingray setup still has to prove itself in the field but i'm pretty confident.

I also have a G3 for cam hops in the right side pocket (which placement i'm not completely satisfied with yet) but had to choose with using the front pocket for my headphone or for the G3. We'll see after a couple jobs what i like best. I use a Hawkwood NPC-SQN4S to power the whole thing and the bottom opening of the bag makes the battery swap really easy and fast as well as access to the media door (compare to the OR30...).

IMG_0812.JPGIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0811.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The latest iteration of one of my sound bags, which I call "Izumi". It includes the Nomad 12, MicPlexer 2, 3x QRX200, Kangaroo PC for Nomad Touch, and the Sound Guys Solutions Zaxnet Amp, all in an Orca Bags OR-41:

image.jpeg

Here it is along with Alex Ramirez's (toyrobotstudios) bag, with matching gear in a custom Kortwich, which we are using on a reality show we're currently working together:

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

Jeff, IMHO is the opposite: It is absolutely not necessary for these bags to be that big and heavy.

I knew you would chime in when I made that statement --- you are the Champion of Lite and we can only hope that your pioneering modifications and design ideas continue to inspire our manufacturers of both gear and bags.