Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

Jose I will be stealing your idea.

I have a few other things I am thinking about such as putting mounts to attach dipoles to. So stay tuned.

Please feel free / welcome to it!

I'm also trying to figure out best solutions for better mounting dipoles myself. Currently I'm using fleximounts on the bag's frame, but I think it can be better. I'm thinking of building maybe coax dipoles to place in my harness:

Other things I will be experimenting with:

- Different Zaxnet antenna(s) and mounting solution (harness?)

Gotcha. I do like the fleximounts, as I can clamp them pretty much anywhere, and mount anything onto them, including my Lectrosonics SNA600a dipoles, and any shark fins too. I just connect them straight into the MicPlexer and I'm ready to go, but I wouldn't dare wear that on a harness. lol

I like the coax dipoles for the tiny size and flexibility, and they are really easy to make, so, we'll see what I end up doing. It's slow season, so I can actually work on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks great Jose! Surprised you went for the battery bud and not something like the Audioroot vmDBOX-HRS. Basically the same footprint but a very handy little voltmeter.

Thanks Matthew! I plan on doing so in the near future, but I already had the Battery Bud from one of my previous bags to get this bag going for these smaller gigs I had earlier this month.

Here's my question for those of you posting... I see a lot of bag with 3-4 wireless and the a 442 or a 552.  Since Im assuming most of you are doing some pretty legit TV or film work - are you just mixing down to a stereo track?  All this time I've been working off the assumption that I had to be able to supply discreet tracks - and haven't upgraded my Tascam DR680 to the SD633 yet just because of price - but if I could move to a 552 and be "normal" then I might be swayed sooner... thoughts??

Thanks!

Since Im assuming most of you are doing some pretty legit TV or film work - are you just mixing down to a stereo track?

Mix track(s) to camera and ISOs on my rig for nearly every doc/reality shoot I do - which is a lot.

A 552 would not cut it in the field for these jobs. Interviews and corporate gigs, sure.

Cheers,

Evan

• 2 weeks later...