Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

hello re ifb possible anntena rf bleed to receivers you could make up a coaxial dipole as lectrosonics and use this on shoulder strap not sure what the loss would be if any but should work fine i suspect and help with solution of ifb tx in bag..just a thought..here is a diy guide to make your own not sure what it would be but if 1/4 wave supplied then that is your cutting guide ie that is the size to cut then fold over screen see link below.., i have made many on differnt uhf blocks and work great hopefully might work for 2.4ghz?? then again....

http://www.lectrosonics.com/faqdb/112-075-What-is-a-coaxial-dipole-antenna-and-how-can-I-easily-make-one/View-details.html

Richard

Mine.

I added ( not on all pictures ) the Unislot Blue anodised frame in order to make the removal of the SRa a breeze. Now i can load my bag with just the correct amount of wireless i need and make the bag lighter in the process. Connection for them is thru a DB25 that has Audio and DC in it ( my custom built cables ).

Who has faders nearest them with the CL8? The friction on the faders is very light do you not find they get knocked out of position more?

I'll try it myself though because having the 788 more clearly visible (on top of the CL8) might be preferable?

I tried both.Currently cl8 is close to me. But I am not sure that it is the best way to do.

My current rig:

I'm on a shoot working with XDCam and occasionally C-300. I use my Zaxcom link for the XDCam and my SRa w/batt sled for the C-300. My TRX900AA/STA150 are in the right hand side pouches, but the picture doesn't really show them. I have them there so they are as far away physically as possible from my block 24 411's to reduce RF spray.

Cheers,

Jase

Hi Jase,

I've never tried to run two wireless hops -

I struggle with dropouts with one stereo hop (two smqv tx's to a slot dual sra).

Do you get dropouts on your wireless lavs when you send so much rf out there?

John

My bag for the documentary I shoot in Turkey. very few wireless,2 audio limited in case but I don.t use they'll a lots with this director,788,cl8,hawkwood np1. You can also have a look on my double ms in its rycote.

Here is my photo:

monsacson.png

Hi Jase,

I've never tried to run two wireless hops -

I struggle with dropouts with one stereo hop (two smqv tx's to a slot dual sra).

Do you get dropouts on your wireless lavs when you send so much rf out there?

John

Hi John,

I'm not using both hops at the same time, I'm using one or the other depending on which camera we're using. The only reason I'm doing this is because I haven't figured out a good way to mount and power my Zax links on the C-300.

I get a bit of RF spray using either system, but as long as I scan and frequency coordinate at each location using the Lectro group tuning it's very rare that I get any dropouts.

As soon as I figure out a good way to mount and power my Zax on the C-300 I'll ditch the SRa/SMa links

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?q30cmy

Zaxcom Nomad, 4 Lectrosonics 411 receivers, Zaxcom TRX900AA with STA adapter for camera hop, all powered off of a Peter Engh power distribution system running on a IDX Lithium NP - L7S. Bag is a Petrol PEGZ-2.

Hi Jack,

I've been contemplating the same bag configuration that you have - I love lectro (especially 411's), and I'm really interested in that zax camera hop and the nomad....

I'm curious -

If you were starting from scratch, do you think you'd go out and buy new lectro's 411's and tx's, or would you go all Zaxcom (for expanded functionality)?

Thanks,

John

Hi Jack,

I've been contemplating the same bag configuration that you have - I love lectro (especially 411's), and I'm really interested in that zax camera hop and the nomad....

I'm curious -

If you were starting from scratch, do you think you'd go out and buy new lectro's 411's and tx's, or would you go all Zaxcom (for expanded functionality)?

Not necessarily an unfair question, but keep in mind it depends a great deal upon the type of work you do and a few other factors which vary widely according to the individual. Jack's answers will tell more about him than about what's the best choice in your specific circumstances.

Hi Jack,

I'm curious -

Thanks,

John

That's a good question - I got my 411's way before I got my Nomad. And even at that time one of my big decisions to go with 411's is all my lavs (in the vicinity of 2 dozen or so in all flavors and colors) are all wired with TA5's including at least a dozen 48 volt power supplies. So that would have been a fairly costly proposition to change all those over.

I am a big fan of Lectros - been using them for over 20 years - plus I still own some older Lectros in the same blocks that I don't keep in my bag so I like the compatibility factor. But I do like the features of the Zaxcom and the way Zaxnet completes the bag system.

So the short answer is I'm not quite sure - I'd really have to weigh it out specifically to what my needs and compatibility issue was at the time.

Kraus_Mb_2_3-9-12.JPG

As Jeff keenly noted, my bag is resting on a RastOrder Mb cart.

The pics are from a fashion photo shoot "behind the scenes" ad agency job at Chelsea Piers Studios. My picture-taking benefited from a lovely mid-afternoon light as the sun tracked over the Hudson. We never did get to record that interview with the Creative Director...

I share Cloud's enthusiasm for the Sonosax. I opted for SX-M32 "Direct Outputs Version B." Thus, the main L/R output is on XLR5. Direct outputs pre-fader and post-fader are available on XLR7. Installed "option connector" is HRS 10-pin. Unbalanced stereo and mono outputs are on TA3 connectors, as is the standard AES output.

I generally utilize AES for L/R output from mixer to recorder, and roll pre-fader ISOs as well. This leaves the main output and HRS10 available to feed cameras if needed.

To address any lingering doubts, I will note that the latest SX-R4 recorder software (v 4.x) includes basic metadata editing functions. The file-naming system and directory structure is now similar to Cantar or Deva. Menu operation has also been revamped in version 4.

The bag itself is a re-purposed Camrade/SD CS-4 case and weighs about 16 pounds, as pictured. The Mb cart weighs around 30 pounds empty. For this job, I was able to load in to location unassisted, with bag, cart, and "follow case" in tow.