LDC cardioid?

JDirckze

Im doing an interview on Tuesday with a particularly high profile Hollywood A-Lister, who values his personal space, and likes a no-fuss scenario.

My thoughts were to grab one of the cameraman's lightstands and use my boom mate, and just hang my 416 over the top. The interview will be static so it seems ideal. I am having thoughts of using a LDC cardiod mic instead of my 416, to counter any excess reverberant sound picked up from the accentuated rear lobes on the hypercardioid.

Has anyone out there done this before? Should I just stick with the 416?

Cheers,

Jason

In case anyone was interested...

Did the shoot today, which ended up being outside on the talents balcony, lots of wind, lots of external noise, so I chose to go with the 416 + Softie, hung over the top with a boom mate (I/V was 1.5 hours long), didnt have to worry about wind noise on a lapel, or the cosmetics side of things.

Hollywood actor was very pleasant, good humoured, patient, and polite. Was amazing to see $10 million worth of cars in his garage.