Mike's Sound Cart Build

Speed Rail for carts. Not really common, but there are a few examples.

A few years ago, I rented an Ursta Cart from Richmond Film Services when in London for a short project.

I believe it was built with something like speed rail, can't recall if it was mini or regular speed rail. It came in a big bag or case, and assembled easily, although it flexed a bit when moving with gear aboard. Stayed together well, and could get it (disassembled) and all my gear (in Pelicans) for a short drama in a London Cab, with me and my Boom op. I had Cantar, 4x wireless, Comtek Base Stn, with Phase Right, 4 booms, mics - , Schoeps capsule and bodies, KMR81's, suspensions and Rycotes for inside and outside, phones, Comtek receivers, etc, all on board.

Regards,

Jim Rillie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim

Thanks for sharing it gives me some food for thought. The one I saw was built closer to the design specs for a PSC cart with a small upper shelf and a couple of large lowers similar to what we see here. What I recall is the owner telling me he had the ability to add extra storage to it and break the top and bottom half apart for things like cam car setups. I am actually thinking of building one this winter if I buy a band saw and can find a local supplier for the tubes and hardware.

Ps I really like the ability to break down as I do not do cart based mixing most of the time but have some clients/ jobs where it would be a huge plus to have one.