black zaxcom hop flipped to 1 channel?

johnpaul215

It's after hours, so I'm asking here. I'm using a rental kit with an older zaxcom hop. Been using it for a week now and today a few hours in to filming ch 2 is not being sent. I power cycled the tx, swapped cables etc. I am feeding two cameras. I have isolated it to the TX. Is there something I am missing that could have bumped in the bag and put the tx into single channel mode? I checked the setup menu and it is on Fo2. I'm kind of stumped so far. Nothing I could find in the manual to explain it.

It's after hours, so I'm asking here

Hey man, dont feel like you have to justify yourself because its after hours and that you might be told to call the manufacturer. There's a good chance Glenn from Zaxcom is reading this too.

I wish I could help you but I'm not familiar with the first gen Zax tx's. Good Luck

Cheers

Mega

If this is the Stereo line it most likely is still in stereo mode as the RX900 ENG receiver can not decode if only the transmitter changed. (The QRX100 decodes anything automaticly)

Sounds like a transmitter hardware problem.

Glenn

" I'm using a rental kit "

call the rental company !! ::)

" It's after hours, "

for the rental company ?? then maybe, with time differences, <cap> ??

" Odd how it happened a few hours in to the day "

not particularly... CRAP happens!

" Thanks Glenn! "

Good things happen, too! ::);D

Wow, cheers to Zaxcom. How many other companies are checking service questions at 9PM on a Friday?

I have gotten a Sunday morning reply to a post on here about a Fusion issue I was having, and I was going to be recording audio later that day. One of those simple fixes if you know the answer... and I didn't. We don't work M-F 09:00-17:00, so I super appreciate Zaxcom having a presence here. That was a major factor in me buying a Fusion to replace my PD-6. I personally had crap support from Fostex.... or whatever the proper term is for waiting 3 weeks for an email reply (if ever).

" I'm using a rental kit "

call the rental company !! ::)

" It's after hours, "

for the rental company ?? then maybe, with time differences, <cap> ??

" Odd how it happened a few hours in to the day "

not particularly... CRAP happens!

" Thanks Glenn! "

Good things happen, too! ::);D

At the time I could not reach anyone at the rental company. They got back to me when they could. It was a Friday evening, we were going to be shooting till 03:00 as well as the rest of the weekend. The glory of the internet is an easy way to check with other end users and see if anyone had a simple fix. I don't personally know anyone that owns one of the black Zax hops, so I didn't have a person to call. My kit was home in Philadelphia, and I was in South Carolina.

In the end Glenn chimed in, and it's gear that needs to be repaired. If it was a simple button push issue, I would feel stupid sending it back to NJ just to create work for FedEx.

I called Zaxcom with a problem on Monday and was told in may be a program glich."you will get a call back in 20 mins". An hour and a half later I called back and was told "they are at lunch" another hour and was told "Howie is on another line but Glenn will call you back in mins". I called again and they were closed. Never did get the call back and still can't get the Nomad to work properly. Great customer service. Never dealt with a company that had such service reps

Hi Paul,

Briejen who you spoke to did not know I was going to be out Monday afternoon at the doctor. We are happy to help any customer as I often do at home after hours and via this group. If anyone needs operational assistance they can contact their Zaxcom dealer as well.

Glenn