Which Ktek Boompole fits into a Pelican case

ProSound

looks like only the k-56 is the only one that will. unless the larger ones fit on the diagonal. i ended up buying a vdb s/cl pole as i extends to an almost usable length and fits into my 1510 or 1560 cases. though if you mean the 1650 case then you will get a much larger pole inside. otherwise, there's always your suitcase. or the tripod tube

I went through this recently...

I have the 1510 and 1560, and bought the new K-81CCR (internal coiled wire, side mounted XLR) which I thought would just fit diagonally across the 1560, but once they added the internal cable, it added another couple inches to the overall length, and I had to go back to using the old PVC pipe for transporting my boom.

The K-81CCR is a great boom though, padded to reduce handling noise.

The K-56 didnt extend long enough for me, but it's collapsed length was perfect.

I think I'll go with Lightwaves new G5 pole next. Looks nice, great extended length and collapses small enought to fit into a 1560.

Cheers,

Jason

• 1 month later...

K-Tek poles that fit in a 1560 Pelican case:

K-81CCR (excellent "News" pole or travel pole).  If you unscrew the CCR on the bottom you can unplug the cable, allowing the pole to fit in diagonally.  The K-81CC (with the bottom exit) or the 81 without cable will also fit.

KEG-88 or KEG-88CC - The graphite "Traveler"..it is 22" minimum length and expands to 7'8".  It will fit diagonally with or without the cable. (without cable weighs under a pound)

KE-79 or KE-79CC - The aluminum "Traveler"..it fits in the case length wise.  It is 20" minimum length and expands to 6'7".

K-56, K-56CC and K-56CCR (shortest of the Klassic line)..it is 1'4" minimum length and expands to 4'11".

Brenda Parker

K-Tek

(760)727-0593

For several years now I have been carrying my 12' (32" collapsed) pole on in an outdoorsy-looking canvas-over-rigid-tube White River fishing rod case, with never a problem.  At the very most I will get a question about the case from security personnel, but showing and explaining what's inside has always done the trick.  It's easy to carry and fits into the overhead with no problem.

I currently use a fishing pole holder as well for my pole and it works fine. I started this thread when i was bidding a 20 week travel job with 2 different cities a week that I didn't expect to be booming much so I wanted to try and cut down the amount of things I had to travel with but I didn't get the job alas

Too bad Whitney, their loss...

Back to the topic-

I just use a simple plastic tube from a roll of artist film (for screen printing).  I padded one end with foam, so I put the pole in threads down and the rubber bobber end up.  It fits diagonally into my personal bag and remains well protected!

-JP

• 2 months later...

I ended up buying the KE-79CC so far I like it alot of the jobs I don't use the boom much and it fits in my 1510 pelican case which is great. It also makes one handed boom operating much easier it was $209.00 at BH Video and I think a good investment.

KE-79CC - The aluminum "Traveler" It is 20" minimum length and expands to 6'7".