Jeff W: how do you transport that cart?

Philip Perkins

Can you ramp it into a van, does it require a lift-gate?  Do you have a van or a cube truck etc?

Philip Perkins

I am without a vehicle at this time so the Cart, along with all the rest of the equipment, is almost always loaded into the vehicle from transportation department that we will be working out of on the job. Generally, this vehicle is a Sound and Video trailer with a back door/ramp for access to the interior. The cart is wheeled up this door-ramp and locked off to a side wall of the trailer. There have been some movies where we have had a medium sized camera truck instead of a trailer and these are usually equipped with a lift gate.

By not having my own vehicle now I have had to cut out a lot of day work I am offered (like commercials or a day of re-shoots) because I would have to rent a van the day before, park in my garage that might not fit the rented van, etc. When I used to have a vehicle, the last was a Chevy Astro Van, I used to just get help lifting the cart up into the van and then locking it off behind the driver's seat. I did have a pair of ramps at one point which allowed me to get the cart up into the van myself without help.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler