Looking to form an alliance with a proper Post Production Studio.

Beta Sound

First of all, let me thank you for this invaluable blog. Great information, and nice people all around. I am a relatively new user and already find myself on here daily.

I was hoping you could give me some names of audio post studios and hopefully contact names.

I have just been hired as Executive Director of Audio Production for a new company called Palmera Pictures. We are based out of the Dominican Republic and are starting to build a full service Post Production Facility inside the country's premiere and most exclusive resort. In a nutshell, we will have complete Animation and Visual FX facilities and Full service Audio Post production studios. The idea is to take advantage of new legislation providing great tax incentives to companies funding audio visual projects. And provide full services post production retreats in paradise.

Check out http://www.palmerapictures.com

Anyways, I am looking to find a relatively small, yet succesfull audio post studio in LA to form an alliance with. The idea being to open up the flow of ideas and have a team come down and supervise/work on our projects and help train our staff.

I dont know where to start, maybe you can recommend a starting point or get me in contact with someone who can help us out. I have been talking to one studio owner I know personally but I get the idea that they are too small and dont have a vision for international growth.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I dont know where to start, maybe you can recommend a starting point or get me in contact with someone who can help us out. I have been talking to one studio owner I know personally but I get the idea that they are too small and dont have a vision for international growth.

Thanks in advance.

I don't mean to sound unkind, but I think one of the problems will be how one defines "a vision for international growth". Whose growth is this we're talking about. Certainly the company or facility that you hope to align yourself with needs to feel that it will increase their bottom line before reaching out with assistance to you to build your company, hoping to fulfill your vision of growth.

You do not sound unkind at all, we are very gratefull that you would take the time to respond. Even if your response might not be what we want to hear.

The bottom line is we are in this to make money, as all business' are. The tangible benefits for our ally, among other things, is invoicing us for any and all work that they take on along side us. (supervising sound editors would be flown out on our dime, housed in luxury villas and condos in a premiere tourist destination)

They get an state of the art extension of their studio(designed by Jerry Steckling formerly of Skywalker Sound) and work in a market that they are not currently in, and we get knowledge exchange and training. Basically its, getting a whole bunch of work, that otherwise would be unattainable on the other side of the globe for a zero capital investment, in exchange for "know how". If paperwork need be drawn up, we will be the first to put everything in writing. I should have been clearer in stating that we will be paying for any work to be done.

Obviously there are alot of details to evaluate, and a lot of different ways or business models that we could implement. We are definitely open to suggestions.

We already have an agreement in place with our Ally for Visual FX and Animation.

We were hoping you might point us in a direction or atleast drop some names for us.

Admittedly, this is a shot in the dark, and maybe not the best venue to continue our search for an ally, but its better than just grabbing the phone book and start calling studios.

And dont get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from in your response.

Again, a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.