Are you using super cmit?

VM

I have tried the super cmit.

I don t know exactly what to think about this mic. I think it may be a good choice for sport, but I'd like to know if some of you are using it on documentaries or features film ?

Thanks

i use it pretty much all the time these days. mostly drama and psc (and reality for the next month but i dont talk about that)

can sometimes be a bit tricky when you have to angle the mic back and forth as you can get big shifts in background noise due to the amount of rejection available. but i just try to swing the pole rather than twist it in my hand if i am able.

I use mine mostly as an interview mic. I did a season of shows shot in the backrooms of museums around the world. The backrooms are typically noisy with ventilation and lab equipment. Super CMIT makes my job so much easier as the dop's want to shoot interviews with an eye to background that is visually interesting and meaningful to the subject but on that show those places were accoustically challenging. Post loved the mic. I have also found the Super CMIT very good for eliminating white noise in modern office towers.I have used this mic on run and gun documentaries but not dramas yet. The last drama I did required extensive use of wireless boom for logistical reasons and with 10 volt phantom and 2 channels of audio to deal with on the Super CMIT I stayed with more conventional boom mics.

Margus Jukkum

ive used the zaxcom trx942 to get my super cmit wireless. it only gives you the option of channel 1 or channel 2 out put - you cannot send both. but it worked well. though, if i didnt already have zaxcom radios, this would have been a very expensive option.