Event TR 6

TheAudioSynthesist

Have a buddy who is selling his event tr6's. Anyone have any experience with them? I'll be doing tv and radio mixes as well as editing and premixing for features.

Thanks!

My son uses those in his video editing set up. They're pretty good for the money; You might want to look into a sub woofer if you need to hear more low end, but you may not need one. They're made by Rode if I'm not mistaken.

Best,

Bernie

I was a fan of Event near field monitors and have used their TR-5 bi-amp'd monitors for years in a home workstation. Mac --> Beresford Caiman DAC --> Event TR-5 monitors.

I've listened to a lot of music through them and haven't ever heard comparably priced, small-ish, powered monitors that I thought sounded better at moderate levels. The TR-5s do not impress at high volume, though. If the TR-6s are in good condition and you can get them at a good price, give them a try. If you're using something else, maybe since he's your buddy you can audition them in your setup before buying.

Btw, both the TR-5 and TR-6 monitors were made in USA.

they sound good but now i'm picking up some radio stations. i'm guessing its the cables. gonna swap 'em out tomorrow...

I recall that I experienced occassional radio interference with my TR-5s when they were wired with some lengthy Mogami TRS cables from a Motu 828. When I changed over to a DAC I wired them with some old AudioQuest Ruby one meter RCA interconnects that I had and haven't experienced that issue since.

I've been using TR-6s for about 3 years now. Bought them used for $300/pr. I've been satisfied but considering adding a sub since they are a little weak in the bottom octave.

Have a buddy who is selling his event tr6's. Anyone have any experience with them? I'll be doing tv and radio mixes as well as editing and premixing for features.

Thanks!

" i'm guessing its the cables. "

Not Monster ?? ???

nah, i know better after getting some bad trs cables in the past. opting for mogami 1/4inch to xlr (trs of course)

btw, Thanks to everyone who replied. looks like i'm going to keep them. the low end sounds good but you guys are right, a sub would make them sound that much better.

Cheers!