I've been asked to provide TC for the shoot. The issues I run into are as follows:
- The only TC I/O I can find is that TC can be dumped out from this camera via HDMI. I see no connections for accepting any incoming TC, and the manual does not state that TC can be jammed to the camera so far as I can tell.
- So, assuming I have read the manual correctly, the camera must function as the master TC generator, since TC only flows one direction: out. If that is correct, how could I ever jam two of these cameras?
- The options for TC are as follows: REC RUN & FREE RUN, but with no options to jam TC, and the only output of TC being HDMI...
To be clear, here are the following items I have found from the manual relating to TC. I have tried to be thorough, so that anyone who attempts to assist me doesn't have to then do research I should have first done myself:
- Pgs. 35 - 37 'Audio Setup':
- Skipped; no audio to either cam for this shoot.
- Pg. 44 'Setting Time Data':
- "The camcorder records movies accompanied by time data, such as time code and user bit."
- 'Presetting Time Code':
- This section gives menu options to set time code between 00:00:00:00 and 23:59:59:24.
- I see no option or information on how to accept any incoming TC here.
- 'To Reset the Time Code':
- This option resets TC to 00:00:00:00.
- Pg. 72 'Notes':
- "Time code does not advance while recording the color bars."
- Pg. 74 'HDMI TC OUT'
- "Does not carry the time code on the HDMI signal."
- "Carries the time code on the HDMI signal. The camcorder transmits the time code as digital data, not as a video signal to be displayed on the screen. The connected device can read the time code by referring to the data."
- Pg. 79 'TC/UB SET':
- Gives options to set REC RUN or FREE RUN, but no options to accept incoming TC. Gives options to reset or set preset based on Pg. 44 info already listed above.
- Pg. 93 'Troubleshooting':
- The time code is not recorded in sequence: The TC may not be recorded sequentially if you change the settings of HD/SD SET and HD REC FORMAT.
Oh, and lastly, I had intended to use a Denecke TS-3, SD 552 and 744t bag setup. Just so you know what connections I'd be dealing with.