Pilot signal on Lectro 211s...

curleysound

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the Pilot signal going away on a Lectro 200 series body pack? Is there a cause, or better yet, solution to this without sending it in for repair? I got it to work with the Bypass mode, but that's not as stable.

Thanks,

Tom

There is a known issue with the 200 series (at least with the 210) receivers in which the pilot tone goes bad.  Lectro just fixed two more of mine -- one of them for the second time.  I think it has something to do with overdriving the circuit or something -- they do a mod that's supposed to take care of it.  That's why I'm a bit concerned that one of them that was repaired this spring went bad again.  I'm not sure how far across the 200 series the situation exists but my understanding is that the 211 is functionally the same as the 210 with the exception of the LCD readout. 

Call them and they'll help you sort it out.  There was no charge for these two but they are running a couple of weeks or so turnaround.

In your case do you know for a fact that it's the body pack and not the receiver?

John Blankenship, C.A.S.

I had this happen to 3 of my 4 units (2 211's and 1 201).  I went over this in depth with Larry Fisher at Lectro.  This problem was traced backed to a bad batch of crystals.  They repaired at no charge.  I found a second issue later on when using the units at mic level, extreme peaks would result in a click in the audio.  This was resolved by placing a stronger resistor in the pad circuitry to prevent the overload.  The folks at Lectro provided their usual excellent service to resolve the issues.  Use the bypass mode until you have some downtime to get the units to Lectro and they will take care of it.

Rob

Well, I deduced that it was the body pack because the Pilot Bypass option rendered the system working again, but I guess that means it could be both...?

I'd say that it's almost certainly the receiver -- same problem, known issue, etc.  When you can afford to spare it, get an RMA from Lectro and send the receiver on a two to three week vacation to New Mexico.

JB