NAB 2006 - The world's largest electronic media show

Jeff Wexler

If you have never been before and are so "fortunate" to be not working, NAB is a terrific event with more equipment on show under one roof (actually, several) and well worth effort. Go to www.nabshow.com for information.

Many product introductions happen at NAB where companies show off new equipment. The new stuff is sometimes just non-working mock-ups that give us a look into what may be available in the future, but often the products shown are full production models that are shipping right after NAB. I saw the first Deva at NAB and that was probably 10 years ago. It was a funny looking little black box sitting on a pedestal with a cable coming out the back leading to a large computer sitting under the table. Glenn Sanders told me what this Deva would be able to do, once Zaxcom actually built it, and I knew I was witnessing a groundbreaking product in the making. A short one or two years later, the first Devas shipped, and the non-linear production recording revolution (or evolution) had begun.

Maybe Jon Tatooles from Sound Devices and Glenn Sanders from Zaxcom might want to share with us what they will be showing at NAB...  but maybe not. We might just have to wait and see.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler