Eric Burge

RastOrder Cart: SU-01V

Fine looking cart! I am a little confused by the drawer being on top (above the mixer sliding shelf)

Hello Jeff - this cart is a modified SU cart -  made for a video colour grader. The mixer shelf is to be his keyboard or whatever else shelf. Placement was a task of fitting the 3 things in - ie shelf, drawer & UPS after the Mac Pro & Raid hard drive took up all the bottom room. But he & I are happy with the outcome. I find it interesting to play the flexibility of the original SU cart design.

Monitor/s will go in top half.

Rob

Hi Jeff - I randomly buy different tyres for SU - trying to keep in the size of 20" by 2.3" or 2.4". The SU needs a fatter tyre, because of its size & the weight it usually carries. This one is a Fiction Troop BMX tyre - limited Edition Urban Camo. I try to give these ones to the younger folks...

Rob

1 hour ago, Rob Stalder said:

Hi Jeff - I randomly buy different tyres for SU - trying to keep in the size of 20" by 2.3" or 2.4". The SU needs a fatter tyre, because of its size & the weight it usually carries. This one is a Fiction Troop BMX tyre - limited Edition Urban Camo. I try to give these ones to the younger folks...

Rob

Thanks, Rob, "Urban Camo", nice!

I had difficulty even seeing those tyres - had to look really hard at them!

Great looking building - wonder what it is? Maybe a studio space? The logo looks familiar ... I zoomed in and could read 'A Zhou' ('Asia') but not the second two characters.

Below is from Jo Manly (Antiques Roadshow, UK), giving me the biz on his SU cart.

Hello Rob.

No, the wheels have not fallen off despite me loading it up with an unbelievable amount of equipment.

I am very impressed.

After all our correspondence about the desk shelf I can confirm that it does accommodate a Yamaha DM1000.

Although it fitted perfectly (raising the back up a few mm) I was worried about the weight on the shelf runners but they have been fine.

In the attached photo you can see from top down.

Dual monitors

JoeCo multitrack

Desk metre bridge.

Yamaha DM 1000

IEM tranmitter.

3 Sennheiser dual radio mic receivers

2 Tait radio base station transceivers

UPS which is basically a car battery in a 1U space

Drawer of bits.

It takes two to lift it and even then it is a struggle but wheeling it around it handles beautifully.

Jo_AR setup.jpg