Chris Howland, New 695 member available...

I'm relativly new to production sound. I've been an audio engineer on music projects for 15 years (I'm 34 years old).  Over that time, I developed an interest in production sound for film. 3 years ago I started doing some PA work just to get on sets and learn about the process of filmmaking. I did PA work on the set of "NYPD Blue" and Food Networks "Everyday Italian." Eventually, with the help of a friend at the Endeavor Agency, I landed the oddball job of "Video Game Coordinator" on a movie Adam Sandler produced called "Grandma's Boy."  On this job I met Sound Mixer Mark Ulano and he took the time to talk to me and answer my questions. It was really nice to find someone who actually loved to talk about the craft of Production Sound. Through that 25 day shoot, I hung out him and is crew as much as possible and we quickly became friends. On the second to last day of the shoot, Mark offered me an internship position on his next film, Big Momma's House 2, which I happily accepted. On that shoot, I solidified my knowledge of the filmmaking process, Which includes how information flows on a set, set politics, and the set hierarchy. I also learned that, like being a musician, the filmmaking process is a collaborative creative effort from many types of people working together. I've found this process to be intense and very rewarding.

I now own a typical ENG package and most of my experience has been in low budget features and short films. Earlier this year I worked on a 36 day feature called "David and Fatima" that went union in the 2nd week. Since then I have worked 2nd unit on "iCarly" for Nickelodeon/Rocart Ent.. That was my first union gig as a mixer and it was one of the best work situations I've been in so far.

What I'm looking for:

I'm new to the union so I'm still trying to build up union contacts for work. For the time being, I'm still happy to no non-union stuff. I'm a confident mixer but I still love to boom. I learned the art of booming from Tom Hartig and I try to emulate his ninja-esqe/low key style on set. I also have some Fisher Boom experience.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Chris Howland

310-713-9210 Mobile

LASoundMixer@mac.com

AIM: thenewmuse08

www.myspace.com/LASoundMixer

www.imdb.com/name/nm1983811/

What I'm looking for:

I'm new to the union so I'm still trying to build up union contacts for work. For the time being, I'm still happy to no non-union stuff. I'm a confident mixer but I still love to boom. I learned the art of booming from Tom Hartig and I try to emulate his ninja-esqe/low key style on set. I also have some Fisher Boom experience.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Chris Howland

310-713-9210 Mobile

LASoundMixer@mac.com

AIM: thenewmuse08

www.myspace.com/LASoundMixer

www.imdb.com/name/nm1983811/

Welcome to our Discussion Group. It is good to have someone who is enthusiastic to join our ranks and be part of the team.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler