This could be me & my foldup cart...

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2012 at 9:28 AM, MT Groove said:

I would like to know how he did that, and also would it hold a Mix-12?

To quote Jenn...

The drawer is by SKB.

I place it in top of the extended rack and fasten it with bungie chords. It is too long to be screwed onto the side of the fold-up cart.

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=sku_rack_space_units-2-80&id=182&o=name&offset=name&c=80&s=80

re-sized Jenn's sliding shelf.jpg

re-sized Jenn's sliding shelf in cart.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have often been asked how to attach an antenna pole to the side of a Foldup cart.

The short answer is by a clamp of some sorts. There is really no place for holders (like Toolflex).

As yo will see from the pictures, One position works, at the rear/bottom 2 shelves. But its really too far down.

The front position gets in the way of the folding mechanism.

However if you don't want to fold it - it's another story.

Side Toolflex_01_resize.jpg

Side Toolflex_02_resize.jpg

Side Toolflex_03_resize.jpg

Side Toolflex_04_resize.jpg

Hi Rob.... I work different jobs but mainly commercials sometimes with a boom op often not . So going from cart to harnessed bag in a short time is important... My other bag is based around a a 633 and SRBs......I love the way I can pull the box out , fold up the cart and be relocating in a matter of just a few minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Being quick and adaptable to whatever situation is the goal..... I love the small footprint of the fold up cart, combined with my 633 and 3x SRB I can handle most scenarios...... I use the 664/venue more on the drama days and will add a extra SRB to give me 2 wireless booms and 6 wires, all out of a bag that I can pull off the cart for insert and cramped space work....works great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Derek.

The rear upright bars are 25 x 25 mm square tube with 3mm wall thickness. The socket on the top removable half shelf also has 3mm wall thickness

and is strongly welded.

You would need to be conservative in the amount of weight you put on it.

I think the thing to watch is that excessive weight might bend the rear upright outwards. Thereby making the uprights too wide to fit the top half shelf back on.

If you get my drift.

In which case you might have to bend it back - either using the said top half shelf or a rubber hammer (lightly).

Rob

CP_04_resized JWSound.jpg

CP_07_cropped_JWSound.jpg

CP_08_resize_JWSound.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rob.

I went with a different approach and underslung the monitors and permanently built them into the top shelf with a patch panel and separate power (NP1) cup built in. My work is no where as neat as yours or what Pete has done but for me a part of the joy is modifying things to suit my unique ways.

I'll try post some pics next week. At the moment it is set up in low profile mode for some rough terrain in Lithgow and Bathurst.

Your carts are such troopers, from being lugged up and down my 3 story walk up apartment regularly, to beaches, bush tracks, bad car packing days, etc, I have had to do little to no maintenance to it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry this post is so late. I got crazy busy and then enjoyed some time off over the crazy season. 

I underslung a slide out keyboard shelf useing micro sliders

Added brackets to bolt a Mix8 to that fold down when not using Mix8. Still need to find out the correct size screw used on the Mix8 so I can use their bars.

Rollerblade wheels to the handle so as I can lay the cart down and slide it in my car.

To the top shelf I bolted on 15cm extensions to raise it high enough to fit a larger bag underneath the monitors. Smart DUO monitors are kind of underslung from the face of the top shelf with a permanent aluminium box built around it. The rear panel has a patch bay with 2x USB power outlets, BNC in and out for each monitor as well as 2x Hirose power outlets. Left side has NP1 slot and power gauge and 2x USB power outputs. There is also small cheese bars on either side for mounting stuff as well as a cold shoe mount on top for rigging a third monitor, in my case DP4 with convertor. All of this is power by a single NP1 battery via a Hawkwoods cup/distro. Also made a Matte box esq sunshade the monitors tag. Later discovered I needed to add handles higher up as the carts centre of gravity is much higher then when Rob originally built it. As I live in a four story walk up apartment a solution to this was essential. Ended up settling on Rosette camera arms as they lock sturdy but can be folded down for loading in the car. 

With the monitor shelf on the cart no longer folds. It could though if the extension bars were a couple of inches higher. The top section can be easily be removed within a minute. Most of the time I use the cart in low profile mode.

Almost for the most import thing, lucky dice tyre caps.P1011267 copy 2.jpg

P1011264.JPG

P1011271.JPG

P1011259.JPG

P1011260.JPG

P1011268.JPG

P1011271.JPG

P1011258.JPG

Hello Nate. What you have done is brilliant, I can see your lateral mind working overtime.

Thank you for posting those pics. not just for others to see, but for me too. I am very impressed.

Re the lucky dice valve caps, I try to include one of these and one of these on (most) of my carts, because I can.

Best,

Rob

valve caps_03_JW.jpg

valve caps_05_JW.jpg

• 3 months later...