New from Rycote: Looks interesting

Eric Toline

Are Rycote still improving the Tacit?  or has the design settled down?

I have noticed that just touching the plastic part of the XLR that screws into the back of the metal barrel creates noise so Im thinking I should send it back to see if something is loose inside.

I have gotten interference also while using them with a Sennheiser 8050 so Im wondering if I have older versions (Shell to shell attached, as mentioned earlier in the thread).  Is there a quick and easy way to check what version I have?

Also did Rycote ever sell a barrel version of the Tacit?  This was mentioned in the thread above but I've never seen it on their site or for sale anywhere... so perhaps that idea was scrapped? 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/6/2016 at 9:31 AM, Levente Udud said:

I use it between my Oktava MK012/Sennheiser MKH416P48 and Zoom F8. It works great in controlled enviroments, however it has crazy interference with transmitting walkies closer than 1 meter.

416_rycotetact_zoomf8_interference_sample.wav

I've experienced this interference as well. Brand new tacit in the bag between a schoeps cmc6/41 and a 633. No walkies, but I've heard it with and without Lectros on nearby. It's quite disappointing. 

47 minutes ago, DeafDave said:

Might be the Schoeps and nothing to do with the Tacit.  Ive heard interference with Schoeps before Tacits were invented.  If you removed the Tacit from the audio chain did the interference suddenly disappear?

I've been using the schoeps for years without a tacit and I've never heard that interference before. I've taken the tacit out of the chain in the last couple of weeks and no instances of interference since. That said it only happened twice, on two different shoots. One with radios up and one without so I wasn't sure what the cause was. 

29 minutes ago, r.paterson said:

Tac!t is very prone to interference , mobiles, zaxcom tx etc..Richard 

Good to know, thanks.