SuperCMIT wireless options.

daniel

Obviously not many options to keep the signal in the digital domain:

zaxcom trx942 and lectrosonics d4.

And so what solutions (da converter + TX + powering) have folks employed when going via analogue transmitters?

As the solution would be worn and operated by a boom op the powering and size of the overall solution needs to be considered along with quality, reliability and compatibility.

All observations welcome.

dan.

ps. Frequencies permitting there is high likely hood we will have 2 d4 systems for monitoring anyway. Do d4 TX and RX operate well in close proximity to each other? eg in the same bag/pouc the boom op would be wearing?

thanks glenn.

it also has the advantage of the return (ifb) built in. But from what i understand from the published specifications it would only transmit 1 of the 2 possible outputs from the super cmit or have i got that wrong?

the d4 would seem to give me the option of sending both back to the recorder (?)

dan.

ps. i read on the spec sheet that the UK versions have a narrower bandwidth - what is the impact of that on performance?