Mixer needed in NC & Michigan

Fri, May 11, 2012 6:29:27 PM

[cml-availability] Op/PA/Audio needed in North Carolina and Michigan

Jen White <imajen@mac.com> Add to Contacts To: post your availability in this list- check who is available <cml-availability@ls.cinematography.net>

I am looking for a sound mixer, camera operator and production assistant for a paid job next week:

May 15 + 16 in Gastonia NC (near Charlotte)

May 17-20 in Lapeer MI (near Detroit)

It's a 2 camera reality/doc show. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful but not required.

Feel free to email me off-list with recommendations for any of these positions: jen@girlwithacamera.com

Thanks in advance!

Jen

Jen White

DP/Los Angeles

323-540-0659

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an email i got, not sure if its related to the same job or not. but even if i was available i would probably pass on this. the rates are far too low. and no NC person with that amount of gear is going to work for that little. maybe if it were a slow season there might be some bites but those rates just aren't cutting it.

MTV IS LOOKING FOR AN AUDIO MIXER WITH REALITY EXPERIENCE WHO HAS GEAR & CAN

START IMMEDIATELY.

WHERE: Gastonia, NC

WHEN: 5/15 – Tech Prep; Shoot dates 5/16/12 & 5/17/12

WHAT: Reality/Docu-series

RATE: $450 based on a 12hr day + OT if applicable + $200 Gear Rental. Tech

prep will be a half day paid at $225 with no gear rental.

GEAR NEEDED:

5 Channel Mixer

Boom Mic

4 Lavelier Mics

4 Hops (2 Hop sets – connecting to 2 cameras that are Panasonic HVX200s)

1 IFB

(Preferred brand is LectroSonics)

CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:

· Reality Experience.

· Must be a team player who is quick on their feet.

· Experience with Viacom is a plus.

· Must pass a background check since will be working with kids.

· THIS IS A NON-UNION SHOOT

IF INTERESTED SEND YOUR RESUMES TO: AIMEE.NOVATON@VIMNMIX.COM

" and camera their using. "

not particularly relevant,

and the MTV rates are low but typical for them...

Of course I'm still wondering and growling (since the 80's) why MTV (VIACOM-Paramount) remains non union...

This is why they aren't union:

RATE: $450 based on a 12hr day + OT if applicable + $200 Gear Rental. Tech

prep will be a half day paid at $225 with no gear rental.

most of the guys in charlotte are union(commercial based, not much film based) and will only work for union rates; labor starting at $500/10(thats for mixing). and then full gear rental. I would quote this job around $1100.

" RATE: $450 based on a 12hr day + OT if applicable + $200 Gear Rental. Tech

prep will be a half day paid at $225 with no gear rental. "

plenty of folks will accept that, and, frankly, plenty of them will do a fine job...

BTW, I found a good deal on radio mic's that ought to be great to do lo/no budget work. These should be fine with an H2N, or even an H4N

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATW-251-FR

They are still looking and me and two other people have declined it. Heads up you will need 8 wireless, 2 ifbs, and they want 5 channel mixer and no iso tracks I had a very big discussion with the quote on quote audio senior mixer. They will NOT give you more money BUT they need a mixer by tomorrow. So maybe they will up the rate.

Nicole

I spoke with them as well and I talked to like 3 different people and no one had the power to negotiate with me at all. By the time they did get back with me many hours later Another job at my normal rate had booked me. Not worth dealing with people like this

I spoke with them as well and I talked to like 3 different people and no one had the power to negotiate with me at all. By the time they did get back with me many hours later Another job at my normal rate had booked me. Not worth dealing with people like this

I agree. I spoke with Brook and I asked him where can he rent 8 wireless for $200? He was like I know it's low and you will kind of have to suck it up and I was like no I won't because I'm declining the job. I said they needed to offer more and no one wanted to do that.

Nicole