Sign in to follow this  
JDirckze

Underwater gear and operators SF...

(Just posted this in "Equipment" forum, but then realized it might be more suitable here. Apologies for the double post...)

Hey all,

I'm doing a shoot at the moment in San Francisco, Discovery Channel build show a' la Mythbusters, and am researching underwater camera gear and operators in the SF Bay area.

We're shooting on Sony PDW-F350 HD XDCam, but I'm thinking it might be tricky and expensive to find underwater housings for these units. Format is PAL HD 1080i.

If anyone out there can point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful, I'm not from The US so don't know many locals, or where to start.

Cheers,

Jason

Jason,

I'm a bit late in responding here, but in the Bay Area you can go to http://www.reeldirectory.com and find a fairly comprehensive listing of production folk in the area, broken down by specialty.  Of course, no guarantees as to skills and quality of work but I don't know of a more complete list for this area.

Phil

Thanks for that Phil....Really appreciate the help.

I actually tracked down an underwater housing that the Mythbusters folk have put together for a HVR-Z1 which hopefully we will be able to borrow from them, and as it turns out, our cameraman is a certified diver.