list of relevant apps

Ok so I know this has been addressed in lesser forms but I am trying to put together a master list. I have finally come off the fence and become a pad person or rather purchased a couple of iPads for use at home and work.

I am looking to populate mine with the relevant apps for sound and camera problem is for every good one there are several that just don't quite work. so what should I look at for sound and camera work.

I'm talking slate, logging, equipment inventory, working up quotes, anything else you can think of? Also apps that talk to each other if there are any, a dp had one last year for his dslr slate that if I had my own iPad would have linked to my e-sound report and synced the info.

also anything for invoicing that will work with quickbooks

:D :D :D :D

-CL-Wifi

-Photosynth (excellent when scouting locations, IF you happen to do that)

of course, the obvious:

-LectroRM and

-FreqFinder

For the job, it more comes down to the equipement you have (could add TimeCode Buddy for example)

I saw the coolest script supervisor app a couple of weeks ago -- really comprehensive support for scene & takes, relating to script coverage, schedules, the whole deal. I meant to ask the name of it, but she got away as we were tearing down. I did note that scripty was really struggling to read the damned thing in direct sunlight, which is still the arch-enemy of iPads everywhere.

If you own a Sound Devices 788, they have a free WiFi app to control the transport, add notes, change scene names, and check levels. (Oops, already mentioned by Pierre above.)

I also like Signal Suite (for generating test tones: pink noise, 1K, sweeps, etc.), dB Meter Pro (to show the client how terribly noisy their location is), LA411 (in case you need to rent something or call somebody quick), Denecke's TC Toolbox, FrameMaster (which I have used in editing just to add up segment times), and FreeSlate (if I'm in a position where I need to slate something myself for an insert shot). MovieSlate is the Rolls-Royce app, with several very nice modules. And there's Tyler Faison's Sound Report Writer app, discussed many times previously:

I have to confess, after initially scoffing at the iPad, I think I now have serious iPad Envy, now that it seems like 30% of everybody on the set has them. Hell, the actors are using them inbetween scenes to learn their lines! I feel so left out... :-[

• 4 weeks later...

AudIoTools is a hardware supported audio engine including loads of measurement tools including phase and SPL, RTA recording and playback of both analog and digital audio using a device called iAudiointerface. It also works with out the $250 piece of hardware, made by Studio Six Digital.

Also mentioned above is movie slate which allows you to create timecode accurate sound reports automatically using a read relay device or roll logic. Gotham sound figured this little hack out on the 788t.

TC toolbox great to set your time of day or display your timecode.

CL-wifi is great of you have 788-t

Freq finder is amazing frequency coordination app that in combination with lectrosonics software enables excellent powerful frequency coordination.

Also quick office pro is great for organizing spreadsheet and documents online and having access to them.

iBooks scripts calendars one liners forms....

The weather channel app

Drop box for sending files sound reports etc.

Portable disk another way to back up.

V-control can control transport and fader levels in pro-tools for complicated playback or off speed recording setups.