Mic Suspension for MKH 50, ball gag+Windjammer

Tuhiva

Hello everybody,

Is there any good mic suspension that could hold the weight of an MKH 50, a baby ball gag and a windjammer.

I am currently using an INV 7 suspension (made for the MKH 50) with lyres (grey). The lyres work fines but the INV 7 suspension cannot hold the weight of the additionnal ball gag and windjammer, even if I over-tighten the screw.

You may have worn the inside of the "U" yoke or the mounting stud has worn thin. Either way there's too much slack in the space to fully tighten the assembly in place. Remove the yoke screw from the mounting and inserting a very thin washer in the "U" space and then fit the mounting stud back in the yoke. That should take up space and then you should be able to tighten the screw enough to prevent the suspension from falling. Make sure you don't lose the little black cap that covers the exposed screw end that will fall off when you remove the screw. Just push it back in place when you've finished putting everything back together.

Eric

Hello Eric,

I've just tried your method, it works great. I also thought about using a washer before, but I put it in the wrong place...outside of the U instead of inside.

My invision mount was already like that since day one and I don't think that it is a result of bad use. Also I've just read on the rycote website that they released the INV 7 HG MKIII to replace the older INV 7 and INV7 MKII and it says that it should work with the baby ball gag

Hello Eric,

I've just tried your method, it works great. I also thought about using a washer before, but I put it in the wrong place...outside of the U instead of inside.

My invision mount was already like that since day one and I don't think that it is a result of bad use. Also I've just read on the rycote website that they released the INV 7 HG MKIII to replace the older INV 7 and INV7 MKII and it says that it should work with the baby ball gag

I have the original INV 7 with the grey lyres for my MKH 50, BBG & the furry and have never had the problem you did. In any event glad my suggestion solved your problem.

Eric

post-22-0-55822300-1338295250.jpg