Work Available in Arkansas

I just got a call for a feature in Arkansas. It's a $200,000 budget horror probably on DV or HDV

They're looking for a mixer for $3000. If you know of anyone that might

be available, and will work for that rate, please refer them to

Mike Hill (479) 313-3876

Shooting starts OCTOBER 5th

I know it ain't much, but if you need it, it's there.

I've worked with Mike before, and he's good people

I've also worked with the writer James Cotton before, and he's cool too

Best,

Tom

PS If you're offended by this rate, I understand

Hey Tom,  never apologize for someone else's offer for work.  It was very kind of you to take the time to post an opportunity for someone to get some work and earn some money.

I've worked on some very low budget films during my career, and as recently as this year.  My situation is that I like to work, and I always enjoy practicing my craft.  The kindness and appreciation that you receive for offering our level of expertise is not measureable in dollars.  Sure, there are the nightmare jobs, but the good thing is if you need to earn money there's a opportunity and the job will end. 

I've also had some of my most memorable experiences working on smaller films, where the crew is excited to be working on a film and their enthusiasm is infectious.

So no need for an apology, as far as I'm concerned, and I hope someone in need takes advantage of your posting.

Cheers,

RVD

RVD,

Thanks! While I agree whole heartedly, I'm also a big fan of the CYA approach. Maybe I've been scarred by RAMPS and just assume the same grumpy responses to crop up here. I should know better by now :)

And, to the other question posted, I believe that that rate is for the mixer only, and probably equipment as well, but I'm sure if you call Mike, he'll be happy to negotiate.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jeff Colon

That works out to 120 per day,  I guess that is enough for a single individual without any debt looking to learn.  It's about what I got paid mixing stage monitors in 1979... seemed like a lot back then.  No doubt, they'll find someone... should be a "Learning" experience anyway... I'd ask for back end points% regardless

I have no problem with postings for jobs offering "token" rates... it's just when people who should know better, ask me to subsidize their extravgance... I get a bit pissed.  Last whiney SOB that bemoaned his lack of budget got me to give a couple hundred off  on a three day epic.  When they arrived and I discovered were staying in a 4star hotel and having dinners at the most exspensive resturants in town...let's just say...it was another "Learning" experience...

Jeff C

I worked last week on a shoot with the guy that is the gaffer on this project.  I think he said he was doing it for a reduced day rate to work on a "feature", but they WERE paying full-rate for his grip truck.  He also said he thought they were shooting on a varicam, so I guess they must have some money (just not for sound.) 

David