Canon C300 TC issues.

pvanstry

That sounds like a camera setting that burns in the time code.

The solution for the future is:

1) Know your settings.

2) Do a full-on workflow test prior to shooting.

If you want it to not be on your current footage, your main solutions are either a graphic that covers it or to crop the image.

8 hours ago, Hala said:

Hello all,

I shot with the Canon C300 II for the first time, for some reason timecode was embedded into my recorded footage on the bottom right after backing them from the card.

IIRC, there's a mode in many cameras that lets users record display info (or at least date and/or timecode) onto the footage, sort of like Fulltime BITC. I think that's a feature most commonly used for videos of legal proceedings such as depositions. Looking in my PDF of the C300II manual, I see this described on page 144, under OSD Recording, with "OSD" standing for On Screen Display. The info might be on different pages in different editions/versions of the manual, but here's a clip from the version I have:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 8.43.53 AM.png

If the camera was a rental, maybe the previous renter used it in such a manner, and the camera wasn't reset to default settings before it went back out. But then, it's not something I'd think to check...

Was there another recording made at the same time, like to an external recorder or perhaps a MP4 proxy file? If not, the timecode is something post will have to deal with, as John says... Since you're after landscapes, if blurring won't work,  could you crop the top and bottom of the image so it sort of looks anamorphic?

Bummer. Good luck.

Yes you're right it was a rental, I'll make sure to reset in the future.Thank you for all your help.

No unfortunately, but it'll be fine to crop, after all they are wide shots and the time code isn't taking much space in the frame.

Appreciate the feedback.