The new look is up and running

Jeff Wexler

I am pleased with the new look of the Discussion Group and I hope there is agreement on this. Please do contact me, either personal message from this site, or public post for us all to read, or private email to me directly (private email of course if you are having problems even getting on the site). Anyone who encounters login problems should try and solve them locally since it usually relates to a bad cookie, the browser performing an "auto-fill" that doesn't work properly, or in the case of Macs sometimes a Keychain issue. For those with Macs who do not know how to deal with Keychain issues, the Keychain Access Utility can be found in the Applications Folder> Utilities > Keychain Access. It is sort of confusing to use but often you can delete certain Keychains to establish proper login usernames and passwords if you have a problem.

Let's hope this all goes well. It is my sincere desire that this Discussion Group continues with the active participation of so many of the really good people we have here.

Best Regards,  your host,  Jeff Wexler

Hey Jeff, I agree w RVD, the site looks good on my end. Almost like Apples site. Good work. All the new tools are a little intimidating, but our web wiz bro's n sisters probably dig them. A lot has changed since you started this site. Most of it for the better. It certainly has become popular. Seems like many of the posters I enjoyed early on post less and I miss them.  I hope it's because their busy working. The new folks I read here seem nice n I enjoy tossing in my 2 cents when I can. I never imagined posting anywhere prior to your site, because I found the whole way of communicating odd and it didn't play to my people skills. I started cause I wanted to help a Bud out in his endeavor, but I grew to really enjoy the experience and look forward to it every day. Keep up the good work until it becomes no fun. Thanks.

CrewC

I never imagined posting anywhere prior to your site, because I found the whole way of communicating odd and it didn't play to my people skills.

CrewC

I am personally so pleased that you hung in there...  I think the whole way of communicating is odd also (but hey, we're all odd, right?). We all have had to develop some new skills and the trick is to be able to not lose those things that really work...  the Internet is certainly not a replacement for traditional "face-to-face" communication (although I am sure there are many who think this is just fine) but it is here to stay --- let's make it work for us.

Best regards, your old buddy Jeff W.

Guest Jeff Colon

I like the new look... but more importantly, I appreciate the willingness of those who give their time and effort freely... Like when I was trying to figure out word clocking.

Lurkin and wurkin,

ThX

Jeff C

I think the whole way of communicating is odd also (but hey, we're all odd, right?)...the Internet is certainly not a replacement for traditional "face-to-face" communication...

It is so long-term too, in an archival sense, which may be good or bad depending on one's view. I appreciate the power this all offers for researching specific issues and communal shop talk regarding our craft, but every now and then after a post I wish I would have stuffed a sock in my keyboard to keep foot from mouth.

Whatever. All in good fun...and most importantly...in good company. I have long forgotten the number of folks I first met online who I now call my friends, both in person as well as virtually.

Thanks to all who offer of themselves so freely.

EB