Wow! That's $350 if they pay for a 7-day week. Keep that up and you'd be making $18k a year (before buying equipment)! And you'd be in show business!

If they're not shooting a 7-day week, what do they expect you to do on weekends, living in an RV somewhere in the middle of nowhere?

Here is something I don't know anything about.

Working "French Hours"

what is that?

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

5 hours ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Sound recordist/Mixer/Boom Op. (Los Angeles)
compensation: $20.00 per hour.
Looking for a sound man for an indie feature film shoot. The director has made Hollywood films and comes from the world of music/ music videos and he has the deepest respect for quality sound so you will be well appreciated, accommodated and valued creatively (that is rare for sound, I know, LOL). 

The pay is not the best but we will be only be shooting french hours a couple days a week for the next 3 months. It will be 5-8hrs a day for $20.00 per hour. So roughly $100 to $200 per day depending on the day. You will have to have your own gear and cables. 

Please write back with a list of your gear (we need that to consider your application). Send us anything else you like--samples of the work you do, etc.

This is a great gig if you want to get to know a director who works in TV/Commercials a lot. You will be working side by side with a known filmmaker as he does his passion project. It will be a ton of fun and comedy as well.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4701434524

posted: 

5 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

French hours = no meal break.

on good union shoots, this is allowed if the crew agrees, and if hot nourishing food (like meals!) is available all day, so you can take your break whenever you can.  This means the caterer is open and serving all through the day, though I'm betting on this POS, there is no real food.

experienced commercial director: Maybe it is someone Crew or A Few have worked with before...NAH!

Edited by studiomprd

I worked on a Italian movie in Los Angeles, it was union and we worked French hours.They had food available all day long and it worked out great.It was like we got to go home early because it saves over an hour to work "French Hours"-----start up time 

J.D.

so want to rip on this one:

On Set Sound Person (Marine del Rey)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
13909 OLD HARBOR LN APT 101

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $100 a day

Hi, we are looking for a sound guy with equipment.
Must be available from Oct 20, 21, 22, 23.
The pay is $100 a day.
Please send us your reels. Thank you.

Here is something I don't know anything about.

Working "French Hours"

what is that?

French hours are a sound mixers dream.

I've done two movies on French hours.

Picked up at the hotel at 10am and driven to studio. set up the gear and block the first scene. Break for lunch for 1 hour at 11-30 with full catering. Start working at 12-30 right through till 7pm with craft services available all day. Driven back to hotel.

BOOM OPERATOR NEEDED SANTA MONICA

From the photographs it looks like no boom is needed!

We are a company that makes demo reels for actors and we're looking for a new boom operator to record sound. These are very easy, laid-back indoor shoots at a gorgeous, air-conditioned Santa Monica studio with complimentary snacks and drinks provided.

All you will be required to do is hold up a boom microphone and label each of the sound takes on the digital Zoom H4N recorder, which we will teach you to use in 30 minutes.

We only shoot once a week on Saturdays, usually servicing between 2-3 clients, which averages out between 6-8 hours.

Compensation: $50 for Client #1, $25 for Client #2, and $25 for client #3. If we have 3 clients you make $100 for about 8 hours, if we have 2 clients it's $75 for about 6 hours, and if we only have 1 client, it's $50 for about 3 hours.

This is a great job for anybody looking to get some experience on film shoots and make a little extra money once a week. We are a small crew of 3, and all of us are industry professionals who do this on the side. Hope to make you our 4th!

Please e-mail telling us a little bit about yourself and why you'd like to join. Thanks.

post-10183-0-47076300-1413212672_thumb.p

BOOM OPERATOR NEEDED SANTA MONICA

From the photographs it looks like no boom is needed!

We are a company that makes demo reels for actors and we're looking for a new boom operator to record sound. These are very easy, laid-back indoor shoots at a gorgeous, air-conditioned Santa Monica studio with complimentary snacks and drinks provided.

All you will be required to do is hold up a boom microphone and label each of the sound takes on the digital Zoom H4N recorder, which we will teach you to use in 30 minutes.

We only shoot once a week on Saturdays, usually servicing between 2-3 clients, which averages out between 6-8 hours.

Compensation: $50 for Client #1, $25 for Client #2, and $25 for client #3. If we have 3 clients you make $100 for about 8 hours, if we have 2 clients it's $75 for about 6 hours, and if we only have 1 client, it's $50 for about 3 hours.

This is a great job for anybody looking to get some experience on film shoots and make a little extra money once a week. We are a small crew of 3, and all of us are industry professionals who do this on the side. Hope to make you our 4th!

Please e-mail telling us a little bit about yourself and why you'd like to join. Thanks.

attachicon.gifPicture 14.png

Un Condor is a film in which I have put a lot of  personal energy. The budget and all film crew roles were covered by me. I decided to do it this way, not only because of the non existent budget, but also because Sergio is a friend. I was going on a trip with a friend  and a film crew couldn't fit in there. It had to have a more personal touch.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/un-condor-documentary

So, now you want money to do a "proper" post production. With 5.000€ goal. Good luck

:blink:

We are shooting a pilot presentation on the Red Cam starting the last week of September for 5 days. It's a great project, with a great script and great behind it. After completion of the project we are pitching it to networks. This is a great opportunity for individuals that want to be a apart of something from the beginning stages. This is a passion project that producers really believe in.

"individuals that want to be a apart of something"  

giggle..

"Sound Grip" - whatever that means...

Untitled Amadeus Gonzalez Project

*Independent/Student/Studio:* Independent

*Union/Non-Union:* Non-Union

*Production Type:* Feature Film

*Production Format:* HD

*Production Location:* Austin

*Production Start Date:* 10/24/2014

*Production Wrap Date:* 10/24/2014

*Production Schedule:* 1 Night

*Director(s):* Amadeus Gonzalez

*Crew Positions Needed:*

* Production Assistant---Needed sooner

* Sound Grip

* Boom Operator

* Electric/Grip

*Paid / Non-Paid:* Non-Paid

*Other / Additional Compensation:* Film Credit, DVD Copy

*Meals / Lodging / Transportation:* Snacks and Beverages

*Film / Production Company Website:* 

*Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew:* Night shoot shooting roughly 7 

hours Experience is preferred but not necessary. Shooting for a span of 

around 7 hours, beginning in the late evening.