Sorry but for $150 a day plus all my gear, you only get my shitty attitude. 

Posted: 

Seeking Sound Guy with Equipment for weekend production. (Los Angeles & OC)

compensation: $150 / Day

Hello,

We need a Sound guy with equipment for weekend production. We are shooting a film and need someone with experience and a great attitude. Must have your own transportation. Filming Sept 19th - until middle of October.

If interested, kindly contact us by sending your equipment list. 

Thank you,

Production Dept.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5222337572

posted: 

My favorite "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Speech of the day :)

Posted: 

LOOK Egocentric Film Comapany w/ Zero Credits! (Burbank)

6537.png6537.png6536.png6536.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon-2x.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: chicken scratch

So sick of all these production companies and "low budget" film people demanding my movie reel ,links to my work, who have I worked with, yet YOU have not done anything at all or if you have done nothing "big" either. You have zero experience making a film yet you expect everyone around you to have "major movie credits" and work for peanuts but YOU have not done a damn thing anyone gives a crap about or worse nothing at all! Where is YOUR fucking reel? Let's see YOUR blank ass IMDB! How about giving some one with years of experience but no "credits" a shot since you haven't really done shit either? Or is your ego so inflated that you think you think your "break out" shitty movie deserves a PA, Camera Operator or Sound Guy that has worked on fucking AVATAR. Eat a bag of dicks or post what YOU have done,oh ya you can't, because you haven't done squat. Just be cool about hiring someone if your a newbie too! And why do want you want the same sound or look as everyone else anyway? You may get some unexpected point of views by hiring someone with a new style that isn't already on everything. If your are an expert film maker yourself then by all means hiring that way makes sense but your not so, stop acting like your cool cause your an A-hole . Bye ;-)

post id: 5221526840

posted: 

updated: 

So sick of all these production companies and "low budget" film people demanding my movie reel ,links to my work, who have I worked with, yet YOU have not done anything at all or if you have done nothing "big" either. 

I'm reminded of the famous story about the Oscar-winning actress Shelly Winters. She went in for a casting interview in the late 1960s, and the director chatted to her about the part and then said, "have you been in any major films before?" She reached into her (very large) purse and pulled out an Oscar, and said, "I won this for The Diary of Anne Frank." Then she paused dramatically and reached in and pulled out a second Oscar and continued, "and I won this in 1965 for A Patch of Blue." Then she stared the young director right in the face and said, "But enough about me. What have you done?"

http://www.sheilaomalley.com/?p=8645

I'm always kind of galled when I get grilled on the work I've done, and I'll tell them, hey, I've got about 400 credits on IMDB. But the IMDB credits are misleading, because they don't include about 2/3 of my work that weren't TV series or feature films, like commercials or music videos or industrial films or tons of other forgotten stuff. And some of these are Millennials that are just a few years out of college.

Edited by Marc Wielage

• 5 weeks later...

The real horror is the production!

Sound person needed w/ equipment for indie horror comedy (South OC)

compensation: $75 DAY

Hello,

We are looking for someone with their own equipment Boom/mic/recording etc.. for an indie horror comedy. This will shoot mostly on weekends every few weeks for a total of about 25 shooting days. This is a sequel like Black Dynamite meets Dawn of the Dead. There is pay $75 per day THANKS
our first shoot time will be December 5/6. We want someone easy going who wants to be a part of a film like this. 
THANKS

post id: 5269833148

posted: 

• 1 month later...

Hey, more power to him. At least he's insisting on some money, and not perpetuating the myth that you can get lowball sound for just an IMDB listing and craft service.

(On the other hand, his website says he's also a DP, director, and still photographer... his demos include things he's edited, sort-of... and he offers an "I need something produced" service for a flat $300.

(So maybe he'll be able to make ends meet for a long enough time that he'll be able to figure out exactly what he wants to do.)

cl poster hits the 'help button' because cam op forgot to hit rec button:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cwg/5349444317.html

audio help needed (Upper East Side)

compensation: $100 for 11 minute clip

We had a speaker shot in Africa at the AIDS Conference and camera person forgot to hit record on wireless audio. We have room mic. If you have the skills to throw some filters on it to make it better we will pay you $100. I know its not a lot. It is non profit and we squeezed $100 out for this. clip is 11 minutes. We can upload a 20 second clip for you to test. If you can do it we will paypal you and get you the 11 minute clip. Please if you are used to doing this kind of work hopefully it is easy.

and:

feature film--but don't try to pay your rent with a ridiculous day rate (because your rent is too damn high).

Sound Recorder For Feature Film

compensation: DOE

Looking for an experienced sound mixer for a 3-4 day shoot in Manhattan and Queens December 29th-January 1st. This is a Rom Com Feature by an up and coming independent company looking for someone who is easy going and experienced with deliverables and the requirements with them.

Please list your equipment, include samples of your work and your day rate. Trying to lock someone in so please do not waste my time with trying to pay your rent with a ridiculous day rate. Our shoots will be very easy. Max 3-4 actors each scene with simple locations. Director&Producer is very easy to work with so gig will be very simple and fun. Will not contact anybody who does not provide requested info.

Thanks a mill.

rent is too damn high(3).jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd add this gem. Why be a boom op when you can pretend to be one. 85 bucks to stand around seems like a deal when the mixer has to bring equipment and only get paid 140. 

Crew Call for feature film - 1 Day overnight reshoots

6540.png6540.png6541.png6541.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: Pay varies depending on position. See post for details.

We are looking to hire several crew positions for a 1 day over night shoot to reshoot an end scene of our feature film, Follow. The scene is a party scene on a roof top in downtown LA. The shoot is scheduled for January 12, 2016, but there will be prep and returns for art departments the day before, day of, and day after. 
We are looking for the following CREW: 
- PRODUCTION DESIGNER, CAMERA OPERATOR, ASSISTANT CAMERA, SOUND MIXING, ART PAs, GRAFFER, CAMERA/LIGHTING PA, and PRODUCTION PA, and EXTRAS
- See below for details.

SOUND MIXER:
WHEN: JAN. 12. 2016 6:00PM - 6:00AM
WHERE: Downtown LA
Looking for a sound operator with their own gear. Sound will be recorded via lav mics.
RATE: $140 / 12 hours
Please submit resume, website, and portfolio and include the position you are applying for in the subject line. 

-------------
EXTRAS
WHEN: JAN. 12. 2016
CALL TIME 6:00 PM
WHERE: Downtown LA
Looking for 5 extras to play various roles as crew positions in the film: 2 Producers, 2 Camera Operators, and 1 boom operator. These are not real crew positions, but background actors playing these roles. 
Must wear all black. This is an ULB film reshoot, so must bring your own wardrobe. 
RATE: $85 / 8 hours 
Please submit resume and head shots and include the position you are applying for in the subject line. 

Re "DRM" on deferred tracks:

On a few occasions when I wasn't sure of the production company, I've had the producer sign an acknowledgement that I retain copyright on the audio master, including all derivative uses and reproduction, until mutually agreed payment. This is essentially the same copyright that record companies keep on their music. (Plus of course some boilerplate where the producer personally guarantees his right to sign for the production company, etc)

I've never had to assert that copyright -- it's more a fear thing -- but it has gotten me paid. Or, on one occasion with a dicey producer, chased him out of the room.

This isn't my standard practice; I'd rather work for people I can trust, and extend that trust fairly easily. But it has protected me. However, IANAL.

The Empire - seeking a Senior Death Star Engineer (Milky Way)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: Letting you live is your compensation

Seeking an experienced Senior Death Star Engineer for a super secret project in a galaxy far far away.

The single, most important skill set that we are looking for is a Senior Engineer with skills in creating FULLY REDUNDANT SYSTEMS. Your goal will be to build a spaceship the size of a planet that cannot be destroyed by a few blasts from the Millennium Falcon or an X Wing.

At least 5 years of experience with Death Star Risk Management Analysis is required.
At least 10 years of experience serving a Sith Lord or Sith Apprentice is required.

Must have a proven track record of creating machines that have caused destruction and chaos
Must be comfortable with the Dark Side
Must be able to handle stressful situations including (but not limited to) threat of death by choking
Must be able to follow a strict, depressing dress code and wear pointless and uncomfortable headgear.
Must have a proven track record of NOT LEAKING PLANS to the Rebellion.

Previous management of clone armies is a huge plus
Experience with AutoCAD 3143
Fluent in Galactic Basic
Other fluencies a plus including Shyriiwook for our Wookie teams.

Please do not apply. If you are the right candidate for the job we will sense it through The Force, and contact you.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...