This one is fun.  They need a sound "INTERN" with a full equipment package.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cwg/4224561878.html

SOUND INTERN WANTED DEC 20-22 (Midtown)

Happy Holidays !
Here's your first gift.

If you are an experienced sound
person have your own gear, reliable
pro great work ethic and need that name
dropping addition to add to your resume so the
next time even though your just as talented
you don't get passed on PLEASE join our crew for
3 days Dec. 20-22. Walk away with saying I just finished
a gig with a DP who has worked with Spielberg, Tarantino
Rodriguez. And you'll receive great referrals for your pro work.
Please contact ASAP thanks for your patience for my getting back to you.
No Drugs/Alcohol
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: TBD

This one is fun.  They need a sound "INTERN" with a full equipment package.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cwg/4224561878.html

SOUND INTERN WANTED DEC 20-22 (Midtown)

Happy Holidays !

Here's your first gift.

If you are an experienced sound

person have your own gear, reliable

pro great work ethic and need that name

dropping addition to add to your resume so the

next time even though your just as talented

you don't get passed on PLEASE join our crew for

3 days Dec. 20-22. Walk away with saying I just finished

a gig with a DP who has worked with Spielberg, Tarantino

Rodriguez. And you'll receive great referrals for your pro work.

Please contact ASAP thanks for your patience for my getting back to you.

No Drugs/Alcohol

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: TBD

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

They should at least allow me to bring some drugs and alcohol! It's the only way I would even consider this.

I don't usually like posting these, but LOL  ;D

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cwg/4229206631.html

Meng Dynasty Picture has 8 low budget, indie short film projects specifically for fiscal year 2014. I need boom operator with your own equipments. I need 1 to 3 individuals I can consistently work with based on a reasonable rate. Please be punctual. No last minute canceling people. 

I need someone who knows a lot of sound tricks on set. I like to sometime play with sounds on location, instead of post production only.

Must be comfortable to work with gay director and not act all tensive on set and can't go with the flow. In short, homo friendly people are always welcome to get work from me. Someone that can do fast fast, cause that how I work, while other works need more slow attentions.

Just submit your resume. Student welcome on some project. while other need more professionals.

I don't usually like posting these, but LOL  ;D

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cwg/4229206631.html

Meng Dynasty Picture has 8 low budget, indie short film projects specifically for fiscal year 2014. I need boom operator with your own equipments. I need 1 to 3 individuals I can consistently work with based on a reasonable rate. Please be punctual. No last minute canceling people. 

I need someone who knows a lot of sound tricks on set. I like to sometime play with sounds on location, instead of post production only.

Must be comfortable to work with gay director and not act all tensive on set and can't go with the flow. In short, homo friendly people are always welcome to get work from me. Someone that can do fast fast, cause that how I work, while other works need more slow attentions.

Just submit your resume. Student welcome on some project. while other need more professionals.

This one had me rolling.

"someone who can do fast, fast"

" teach them the rope"

"can't go with the flow"

Sounds like they want to rape you physically, mentally, and monetarily on that gig!

I just couldn't resist replying to their ad. Here's my response.

Hello,

I'm writing to you in response to your AMAZING job opportunity. I've been a professional sound mixer for many years now and have all the best and biggest equipments in the industry. Your job posting really touched my soul so I'm literally responding to it seconds after I finished reading your poetry. First, I'd like to say that when I make my grand appearance on set please don't be alarmed when I show up wearing a long black cape, white gloves, and a tall black hat. This is because when it comes to sound tricks I'm a fucking magician! Second, I'm so excited to learn the "rope" so long as it has a reasonable length and girth. I'm fine if you want to go fast, fast with it and sometimes more slow so long as its been spit on first. In regards to working with a gay director I have no problems with that so long as he respects my raging heterosexuality. If it's fine with your Director I'll have several women handling my boom stick since they are better at keeping it in the right position and giving me the best sounds. I look forward to working with you and will be awaiting your reply. If you want to pay me then please let me know how much, if not then that's ok too since I'm already wealthy and looking to make new friends. 

I'm fine if you want to go fast, fast with it and sometimes more slow so long as its been spit on first.

You didn't say that, did you?  ???

Well, never mind all you people...I'M GOING TO SUNDANCE!

Reply t98kd-4230467098@gigs.craigslist.org [?] 

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of 

Posted: 

about 19 hours ago  PRODUCTION CREW NEEDED WITH OWN EQUIPMENT ALREADY ATTENDING SUNDANCE (Park City, UT)

6163.png6164.png6163.png6163.png6164.png6164.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Crew needed for major music event for first weekend of Sundance. This event will be broadcast live. We are a major Hollywood production company and you'll be working with seasoned talent.

We are hiring for the following positions: 

* Steady Cam (must have own steady cam)

* Camera Opp (;must have own HD camera)

* Event Sound (must have own equipment) 

* Stage Tech (must have own backline equipment and PA)

* Jib Opperators (must have own jib/crane) 

* Dolly operator (must have own dolly)

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
  • Compensation: Depends On Exp.

Posting ID: 4230467098

Posted: 

about 19 hours ago  

email to a friend

Senator, you've been in a hospital before, right?

This is for you:

Reply 6tqqm-4235679653@gigs.craigslist.org [?] 

Posted: 

about 2 hours ago  Need Brain Surgeon for Low Budget Operation (Hollywood)

Looking for a seasoned brain surgeon to perform intricate surgery on my head. This is a micro-budget operation and we are all working on deferred brain surgery pay.

Must have over 15 years VERIFIABLE experience at brain surgery. There is no pay but plenty of free coffee and oreos! Please be able to assist yourself and perform several other surgical tasks in addition to slicing out my brain matter.

Surgeon must also provide:

Two Qualified Surgical Nurses
Board Certified Anesthesiologist
Safe and Secure Operating Room
All medical equipment
Clean and sterilized instruments to cut my head open with.
Food and drink for all the medical staff.
Good Drugs a must!

Submit your resume and 150 words of why you think you are qualified to get this exciting gig working with others who just love to cut people open for no pay.

You will get full credit for the procedure and there is the possibility of future surgeries if this one goes well! Get in the spirit of independent brain surgery and network with exciting people now!

You will also get FULL credit on IBSDb.. Internet Brain Surgeon Database... Now is your chance!

Hurry, I need to get this surgery done soon, and I will be interviewing applicants ASAP. I have never done any kind of surgery, but I bought a RED Xacto Knife so that qualifies me to run this operation.
  • Compensation: Coffee and Oreos

Posting ID: 4235679653

Posted: 

about 2 hours ago  

email to a friend

Get the Zoom out:

Reply qhzx6-4236330730@gigs.craigslist.org [?] 

Posted: 

25 minutes ago  Sound man needed for one day shoot (Downtown )

Hi I'm a sound man that works all the time and I'm always looking for someone to fill in for me.

I'm working on two feature films right now and 4 days over lap so I need someone to fill in for possible 4 days $100/day. 

Here is the gear I have an I hope you are close to it with your. 

Gear needed: 

Boom - Sennheiser ME66, ME64 or equivalent 
Lavs - (2-3) Sennheiser g2 / ME2 mics
4track recorded zoom h6 is what I use but anything that will do 48khz 24bit

And you should be good.

Call or email me (Wes) 818.983.3800 
Starts tomorrow 12/10/2013
  • Compensation: $100/day

Posting ID: 4236330730

Posted: 

25 minutes ago  

email to a friend

Angelo (quoting CL): " I'm working on two feature films right now...$100/day. (that's flat, all in) "

oh, wow! FEATURES!!

" anything that will do 48khz 24bit "

that's the best!

" 4track recorded zoom h6 is what I use "

answering a question from elsewhere on jwsoundgroup.net

Edited by studiomprd

Forget about the SD633 and MAXX! Dust off that Nagra! Here is some Old School work at a living wage.....BACK END PAY INCLUDED!

reply [?]

Posted: 

about 17 hours ago  Analog Sound Mixer Wanted for Feature

I'm looking for a sound mixer with experience using analog Nagras or other high-end tape recorders for a very low-budget feature that I plan to shoot next summer in Southern IL. The picture will be shot on 35mm or 16mm (Super 16). Travel and lodging will be provided. The budget has not been completed, but upfront pay will likely be low with additional compensation on the back end, if the film makes money. But there will definitely be at least a living wage given for starters. The genre is horror. Here's the logline: A mother believes her son's disappearance is the work of a changeling, but her fragile mental state could make her more dangerous than any monster.

• Compensation: Specifics to be worked out upon completion of budget

Posting ID: 4238404834

Posted: 

about 17 hours ago  

Updated: 

about 17 hours ago  

email to a friend