Call Tom Hopper now......HE HAS A 10 FOOTER!

contact 

x prohibited[?]

Posted: 

9 hours ago  Sound Mixers: Need a Boom Op? (non-union) (Los Angeles)

00J0J_el9oOVjD2qC_50x50c.jpg
compensation: I need at least $100/day, would appreciate more.

Hello! I'm a 27 year old Boom Op/Sound Mixer living in LA. I have 5 years experience with short films, features, documentaries, interviews, TV shows, news, ENG, sports, commercials and even employee training videos. I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Music (recording focus), not that it means anything! 

My Equipment:

-Sennheiser MKH-416
-Sennheiser ME-66
-Rode NT3
-Sound Devices MP-1 preamp/mixer
-Zoom H6
-Zoom H4n
-2 Sony UHF lavs
-2 Shure Lavs
-Slate
-10ft. Boom Pole
-Sony 7506 cans
-Lots of cables and parts for everything (sync, camera feed, mic-to-line pads, SDs...)

I'm tall, very conscious of boom shadows and don't cast them, not lazy, fast, motivated, I don't chill over at the crafty all day but I have a nice laid back personality, dress professionally. NEVER drop boom in shot.

I can't work for free, but my rates aren't high. I have a car! Please contact me if you need me! Would love to work with you! 

- Tom Hopper
show contact info 

Projects Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/abx85mbj0vmax6u/AACmahOqiFOPQjAOsAkz66kra

IMDb Link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5748126/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr5

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4576314398

posted: 

9 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Wow...

Original post:

"Lets put things in perspective...

The avg person with a BACHELOR DEGREE or HIGHER Education. Has tuition fees, loans, books etc... $75k+ (at a decent college). After graduating, avg salary ~$37,000/yr ~$150/day BEFORE taxes.

IRONY:

SOUND GUYS: H4N, NTG-2 and a boom pole...Your gear cost?
DP: 5D MK3 (or inferior) with Rokinon, Kit Lens or Nifty Fifty, Lowel Light Kit...Your gear cost?
EDITOR: FCP X, AVID (or iMovie)...Your software/computer with RAID cost?

Since your reading this I assume your not union or don't have the right connections or work ethic. Prospectively.

Why do you feel... without a degree and a small-med investment in equipment you deserve $200-300+ per day? Again, the avg bachelor degree earns ~$150/day BEFORE taxes... I'm confused."

Why do you feel... without a degree and a small-med investment in equipment you deserve $200-300+ per day? Again, the avg bachelor degree earns ~$150/day BEFORE taxes... I'm confused.

Not to defend the H4 poster, but most of those college degree persons at $150 / day also may get benefits, work 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year and may even qualify for unemployment. 

Wow...

Original post:

Lets put things in perspective...

The avg person with a BACHELOR DEGREE or HIGHER Education. Has tuition fees, loans, books etc... $75k+ (at a decent college). After graduating, avg salary ~$37,000/yr ~$150/day BEFORE taxes.

IRONY:

SOUND GUYS: H4N, NTG-2 and a boom pole...Your gear cost?

DP: 5D MK3 (or inferior) with Rokinon, Kit Lens or Nifty Fifty, Lowel Light Kit...Your gear cost?

EDITOR: FCP X, AVID (or iMovie)...Your software/computer with RAID cost?

Since your reading this I assume your not union or don't have the right connections or work ethic. Prospectively.

Why do you feel... without a degree and a small-med investment in equipment you deserve $200-300+ per day? Again, the avg bachelor degree earns ~$150/day BEFORE taxes... I'm confused.

Yeah, wow...

where to begin...

I'll just say this:

There's a term one might learn in economics (basic 100-level shit, mind you) that has to do with "what the market will bear..."

If one is feeling jaded about their chosen career path, perhaps that person should consider altering that path (maybe even going out, purchasing an H4N, ME66, and a painters pole, and posting ads on CL)...

You're right though - it does kinda beg the question, "why go to college?" ...though if $ is all one desires, there are far more lucrative paths than college education OR freelance sound mixing. I suspect many people go to college simply to better themselves.

OK, I admit, I read this thread and posted this reply sitting behind my sound cart, between set-ups, on a union network episodic production... so I know I'm probably not the intended audience.

That said, any way you slice it, it's a war of attrition (almost 25 yrs. here)... and regardless of the particulars of ones chosen path, that person will most likely succeed (or fail) based largely on their character.

Bottom line, life is short - enjoy it, whatever you do ; )

~tt

• 2 weeks later...

Not just a one off..repeat gig potential!

Need Grips and Boom Operators IMMEDIATELY

We are looking for grips and boom operators for our film production team.

This is NON-PAY position, but CREDIT will be given on all films.

If you are interested in getting experience and credits, please contact us ASAP.

We are an up and coming film production company based in NYC, Tryhane Red Films. Looking to establish a good team and crew as our productions have grown immensely. Creating memorable independent short films and web-series.

Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/TryhaneRedFilms
Twitter: @TryhaneRedFilms

If not satisfied, this one pays..

Sound Guy needed for shoot 8/18 (Inwood / Wash Hts)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $15, and delicious customized food."

Non-profit short film is looking for a sound guy on Aug 18th.

I have a Zoom H4N, and a boom pole, but am lacking a decent shotgun, or preferably 2 lav mics. The shoot will be outdoors, mid-day, at Fort Tryon Cloisters, so I'd anticipate wind noise, and don't have the equipment to deal with it.

The film is a Lovecraft-inspired short. Description is below.

Jonathan Enderson, an experienced Private Investigator is searching for Sara, a missing girl. A new religious cult recently sprung up and Jonathan suspects they know more than they let on. The cult's leader, a young woman named Catherine, is an eerie and imposing figure, and she does not enjoy his suspicion.

Movie biz is booming in Wisconsin

Rich R quotes CL: "  for our film production team...This is NON-PAY position, but CREDIT will be given on all films....our productions have grown immensely. "

but there is no money for crew..? serial abuser!

and

" Non-profit short film is looking for a sound guy on Aug 18th. "

Call Tom Hopper now......HE HAS A 10 FOOTER!

contact 

x prohibited[?]

Posted: 

9 hours ago  Sound Mixers: Need a Boom Op? (non-union) (Los Angeles)

00J0J_el9oOVjD2qC_50x50c.jpg
compensation: I need at least $100/day, would appreciate more.

Hello! I'm a 27 year old Boom Op/Sound Mixer living in LA. I have 5 years experience with short films, features, documentaries, interviews, TV shows, news, ENG, sports, commercials and even employee training videos. I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Music (recording focus), not that it means anything! 

My Equipment:

-Sennheiser MKH-416

-Sennheiser ME-66

-Rode NT3

-Sound Devices MP-1 preamp/mixer

-Zoom H6

-Zoom H4n

-2 Sony UHF lavs

-2 Shure Lavs

-Slate

-10ft. Boom Pole

-Sony 7506 cans

-Lots of cables and parts for everything (sync, camera feed, mic-to-line pads, SDs...)

I'm tall, very conscious of boom shadows and don't cast them, not lazy, fast, motivated, I don't chill over at the crafty all day but I have a nice laid back personality, dress professionally. NEVER drop boom in shot.

I can't work for free, but my rates aren't high. I have a car! Please contact me if you need me! Would love to work with you! 

- Tom Hopper

show contact info 

Projects Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/abx85mbj0vmax6u/AACmahOqiFOPQjAOsAkz66kra

IMDb Link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5748126/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr5

post id: 4576314398

posted: 

9 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Jesus.

tomhopper: " I'm tall, very conscious of boom shadows and don't cast them, "

he must have a Romulin cloaking device.

The Federation are not allowed to develop a cloaking device under the terms of the peace treaty.  Could also be a Klingon device.  

That CL ad has actually broken my mind.  There used to be a guy like that knocking about Toronto who colleagues of mine lost work to.  Frustrating and sad!  Maybe some kind soul could give him some basic business advice.  He might not understand what he's doing with that sort of pricing policy.

Ah..yes. It's gone. I do have this much

"Vegan Sound Designer

losangeles.craigslist.org
Vegan sound designer/mixer for pro-vegan PSA for Mercy for Animals. Currently in post production, the celebrity cast and award-winning crew have all donated their time and talent to."

Andy Dick part of the cast...