Read and weep.   The opportunity we missed:

Are you into the Arts? Maybe you are a student studying audio/video production or just love to shoot quality material and be around a full on production .

IMMEDIATE POSITIONS AVAILABLE!!! Do you have a Wireless XLR Mic, or a boom mic, or something similar? Major TV show and documentary shooting this Sunday August 24th in Midtown Atlanta in pre-booked location!!! This is an opportunity of a lifetime for anyone involved in audio/video production. Please send brief email with resume or prior work experience. Postilions filling quickly so reply to this ad ASAP to be considered. CALL ASAP!!!

Postilions filling quickly...

Nothing worse than having an empty postilion. 

But assuming they meant "positions"... how many people with "wireless XLR mics, or boom mics, or something similar" (iPhone?) will they need? 

(Oh, I get it: A "postilion" is someone who's a lion at post. Like Murch. The extra "i" is just to make it high-tech.)

Are you into the Arts? Maybe you are a student studying audio/video production or just love to shoot quality material and be around a full on production .

IMMEDIATE POSITIONS AVAILABLE!!! Do you have a Wireless XLR Mic, or a boom mic, or something similar? Major TV show and documentary shooting this Sunday August 24th in Midtown Atlanta in pre-booked location!!! This is an opportunity of a lifetime for anyone involved in audio/video production. Please send brief email with resume or prior work experience. Postilions filling quickly so reply to this ad ASAP to be considered. CALL ASAP!!!

I think this is more like:

Show up early on a Sunday morning, midtown Atlanta in a vacant lot... and a couple of guys will jack you for all your gear.

Here is another winner....

Production Audio (Lakeland/Plant City)

We are looking for a Audio person for sound in the filming of a tv series trailer. Filming days are 9/14, 9/21, 9/26 - 9/28. Total pay is $300.00, copy, craft, credit and working on the series if we meet our goal. We are working hard to bring this to Florida.

• 3 weeks later...

Sound Mixer now needs to carry Toliet Paper at all times:

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

7 hours ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Sound Mixer / Recordist (Los Angeles)
compensation: 100/day
HEY!!!

Do you have to carry toilet paper with you because when people play back the sound you've recorded, they shit themselves in disbelief that sound could be so perfectly achieved? If so, and you wouldn't mind spending 9-10 days on a shoot 1hr 45mins outside of LA and low budget filmmaking, hit me up. You'd need a solid boom and lavs as we'd have up to 4 people speaking at a time.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4670310570

posted: 

7 hours ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Was it the subject matter or the day rate that scared off the last crew?

Reality/documentary 

Since the beginning of time witches have existed some prosecuted and hunted. Today we captivate real action and stories unexplainable shocking events while we film world known witch Monica the Gipsy. Her expertise in her religion exceeds anything anyone can ever fathom. Interviewed on many television markets. www.monicalagitana.com. 

I need a crew that is mentally and emotionally prepared for the experience your to encounter. My last camera guy and boom operator were too freighted. These are real occurrences. 

Crew needed
Producers/production assistant 
Boom operator with mixer, mic, recorder
Camera operator with 4k or 1080p

Schedule Will film this month, begins Fri-Sunday. 12 cases 12 episodes. Pilot season. 

Again you must be prepared to handle the unreal!

I'm posting this here, because the issue seems to be particularly focused on low budget movie-makers, looking to cheap out on anything possible...

http://deadline.com/2014/09/con-men-teaching-kids-film-sets-faked-ids-834640/

I'm sure many of the "CL movie-makers" don't even follow the laws for so many things, that proper teachers/welfare workers for minors on the set is not even on their radar.

Thanks for this Mike- a very important piece of information. 

Maybe this should be posted somewhere more prominent on the forum rather than be buried deep in the 'From CL thread. We all have the responsibility to be aware of things that are not safe or right on set, especially when minors are concerned. In an ideal world ADs or UPMs need to be checking the credentials of any studio teacher that  arrives on set for the first time. 

Due to the nature of our jobs we as sound mixers do get up close and personal to actors of all ages, and although it's not our responsibility to be checking the teachers ID's ourselves, if we have the slightest doubt in our minds about someone then we must do our due diligence and inform someone higher up the chain. I'm sure that any real studio teacher would not be phased in having their credentials checked in the interests of child safety.

This should also serve as reminder to us  that when mic'ing kids we should always insist that a parent or studio teacher is present.  I had one instance when an under pressure AD told me to take an eight year old girl into a quiet room and mic her. Obviously I refused until either the parent or studio teacher was present as witness. It only takes that one kid who for any number of reasons takes a dislike to us to raise a false accusation that will end a career or worse.

here is more, as
Deadline continues their series:

" Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of actors as young as 14 have been issued fake diplomas through these sites so that they can be employed as “Legal 18,” a loophole that allows them to work the same hours, often very long ones, as adults without the protection of a studio teacher on the set to oversee their safety, education and welfare. It also allows producers to take them on location to work in sometimes adverse conditions and late into the night. "

" After closing the school, Abbott <Texas Attorney General> issued a warning to “all educational institutions to be diligent in reviewing purported high-school transcripts” issued by the Lincoln Academy <an online operation that turns out to not be properly accredited>. That warning applies to Hollywood employers as well... Following the A.G.’s move, child performers with Lincoln Academy diplomas can no longer be classified as Legal 18 and may only be hired as minors.... Casting directors and employers will have to be more diligent about hiring any Legal 18s with nothing but an online diploma to prove their adult status, because virtually all of those diplomas are fake. Employing minors with fake diplomas as adults could expose producers to serious legal problems.. "

http://deadline.com/2014/09/fake-diplomas-child-actors-film-television-841606/

Two'fer plus a "feature length doc" at the same time....IN JUST 3 WEEKS!

x prohibited[?]  

Posted: 

10 hours ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Sound Mixer/Boom Op Needed (Hollywood)

6539.png6539.png6540.png6540.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $50/day but is negotiable. We cannot pay for a kit fee but have full insurance on all equipment used.
My independent production is looking for a sound mixer who could also boom op. Must have their own gear and 2 to 3 lavs. 

The project is a triple feature (2 horror features and 1 making of documentary that is feature-length) shooting from October 31st until November 22nd while traveling cross-country. Transportation and meals/crafty are provided along with sleeping arrangements while traveling. The main crew, including the sound mixer, will be traveling in a large RV from California to Ohio and back. 

•