I love CL. They didn't mention anything about weed or sex though, kind of disappointed.

I hear there will be an unattended Red Camera after everybody falls asleep........

Oh, and attention... you need papers to qualify....probably from Ojai Kennels.

los angeles craigslist > central LA > gigs > crew gigs

Audio Person Needed for Mumblecamp (Ojai, Ca)

Date: 2012-08-09, 10:16AM PDT

Reply to: kdr7s-3194423853@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Seeking one (hopefully) papered or experienced Audio guy for the weekend Saturday, August 11th all day and most of the night and Sunday, August 12th for a few pickups, all at the same location. We are a small team, camping for a night, with talented comedians, and a Red Cam, and spinning it into a Mumblecore feature. Everything we touch usually turns to gold so....

We are short one audio person. We could also probably use another DIT or PA. Is it you? Good people, great talent, and should be fun all around way to spend your weekend. 50 bucks, plus food, camping, and booze. If this sounds like a good time. Get in touch today! thank you.

PostingID: 3194423853

" Everything we touch usually turns to gold so.... "

... so touch something, turn it to gold, and pay properly...

" fun all around way to spend your weekend. 50 bucks, plus food, camping, and booze. If this sounds like a good time. "

well yeah, it sounds like fun, but not compatible with making a movie -which for me is work...

" Everything we touch usually turns to gold so.... "

... so touch something, turn it to gold, and pay properly...

" fun all around way to spend your weekend. 50 bucks, plus food, camping, and booze. If this sounds like a good time. "

well yeah, it sounds like fun, but not compatible with making a movie -which for me is work...

Why are you replying to a re-post of a CL add? The CL poster will never see your reply.

Eric

I'm inclined to get a hidden camera, and have somebody show up with 6 SM58's and long cables, and say, "well, I have six microphones -- you didn't say anything about having to hide them or for them to be wireless! And I have an 8-track recorder from 1978... we just can't record all 8 tracks at the same time!"

That's a Funny or Die segment I'd really watch.

Marc too funny

Ok you shirt designers,love my TunaT and 12 on 12 off

Maybe we need something with the theme no CCM ( copy,credit,meals)

Also thinking MSG. ( Mature Sound Guy (Girl) ). For us elders

Or something to that effect

Wish I was more creative

Tom

A new shirt line I just saw was: "I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Eric

What is Mumblecore ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumblecore

Mumblecore is a term used to describe a number of American independent films produced in the early 2000s characterised by low budget production values and amateur actors. The term does not describe a conscious movement so much as a loose band of film makers who produce very low-budget films heavily focused on naturalistic dialog. Filmmakers that fall under the term include Andrew Bujalski, Lynn Shelton, Mark Duplass, Jay Duplass, Aaron Katz and Joe Swanberg.

Just caught a piece of another one on Mandy. I'll just highlight the interesting parts:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vacancy: Crew for Post-Production

Duration: 2-3 weeks, starts Immediately

We are looking for crew to fill out the post-production staff for a comedy short film, chiefly in American Sign Language. Also has spoken dialogue. This position will be filled immediately as soon as we find people that are fitting and qualified for this project. We have a very talented cast and crew and we want the same for our post production.

We have very beautiful and very funny footage. We shot this short film on a Canon 7D, with a very nice lens set (worth about 10K) as a donation to the project.

This project supports deaf people in the entertainment industry and it is for a very good cause. Which is why this project does not pay anyone. So far, the budget was only about $100, because everyone wanted to donate their time, even though we realize that it's absolutely necessary to pay people. In addition, the people who are involved in this project are going places so it's also a great opportunity to network.

Sound Editor/Mixer - Someone who love creating sound from scratch, and can handle all sorts of sound. We have some problems with it, due to the low budget. We can't lie about that. But we're good people and willing to work with you to find a way to make it sound amazing. After all, some of us are deaf and we don't want a bad reputation with sound design!

http://www.mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=50758742&skill=all&terr=uscs

jaw.gif

We shot this short film on a Canon 7D, with a very nice lens set (worth about 10K) as a donation to the project.

3 crummy lenses or 1 Zeiss 85mm?

the budget was only about $100

What did they spend the $100 on?

http://www.mandy.com...l=all&terr=uscs

jaw.gif

• 2 weeks later...

CL is like reading the comic section of the paper every day. This one 'not so funny'

*******LOOKING FOR A PRO SOUND MIXER??? LOOK NO FURTHER.******** (LA)

Date: 2012-08-25, 8:55AM PDT

Reply to this post

hxxbj-3228668940@gigs.craigslist.org

I have been a sound mixer for nearly ten years, I'm dedicated, detail oriented, always early on the set and easy to get along with.

Seeking to fill my shooting schedule, so if you need a sound guy for your up coming gig drop me a line and we'll talk.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: Depends on requirements but min. $200/day.

PostingID: 3228668940

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Labor Day.

Reply Here:

p4rjh-3247212586@job.craigslist.org

los angeles craigslist > SF valley > jobs > tv/film/video/radio jobs

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

Sundance Feature - UPM, AD, RED CAM, HAIR, MAKE-UP, SOUND (Canoga Park)

Date: 2012-09-03, 9:20AM PDT

Reply to this post

Want a HIGH QUALITY dramatic film credit? Attend top film festivals? We

have an amazing film we feel you would enjoy being a part of. Must be

available immediately. Shoots Sept 14th through October 1st. This is a

deferred pay with some key union crew, (non-union okay too), donating

their time with this exceptional no-budget film.

POSITIONS NEEDED:

-UPM/LINE PRODUCER

-AD

-COSTUME ASSISTANT

-SOUND

-G&E

-CATERER

-EDITOR (HIGH LEVEL FEATURE OR AWARD WINNING SHORT NARRATIVE EXPERIENCE w/ LINKS/REEL SAMPLES ONLY)

-MAKE-UP ARTIST

RED CAMERA - BEST OFFER ( Epic, Scarlett, C300, high-end) - Beat FULL PACKAGE RED SCARLETT AT $2500 for two weeks is our best thus far.

Labor of Love project on prevention of child abuse. Locked with some key

union crew donating their time on this quality project. Join us and

work with some amazing people and an AWARD-WINNING DIRECTOR.

**NAME ACTORS (Indie/T.V names) PARTICIPATING

**STUDIO DONATED ITEMS**

**RED CAMERA**.

**MAJOR POST HOUSE DONATED FACILITY**

** SUNDANCE FEATURE FILM LAB FINALIST

***1980's***

Please send cover letter and resume if interested! If you have multiple

crew talent please include that as we prefer a small crew.

*Again deferred pay but QUALITY IMDB/FILM FEST CREDIT with fun, sharp team.

• Compensation: TBD
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 3247212586