I was doing fine until "Must have access to film equipment..."

So this Hollywood production company with successful producers can't provide equipment? I've heard of situations where interns have to pay to get the gig (not at my place, however)... but never had to also provide the gear.

A mixer (who will remain nameless) used to suggest accepting deferred pay jobs and not showing up. When they call to ask where you are, tell them you're deferring your labor. 

Not sure why you would do that. Fine they were asking for a low ball rate - you don't have to take it. Its bad karma and it's bad business. That person who you screw and pissed off today just might end up being some one important tomorow.

""RUN AND DONE""  LOL.. you run, and then you are done.....or does the running come right after lunch, and then you done did it.

I will stand by will by pumper truck.

Now you have to carry C-stands and Hi rollers for the same $ (no money), but ..hey.. I got you networking!

Sound guys needed for online scripted series (PAY) (Los Angeles, CA)

6543.png6543.png6544.png6544.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: DOE

Hey guys, 

New scripted online series is looking for sounds guys, who also have experience in other fields (grip, gaffer, DIT, etc.). 

Job will take place from early July to potentially the end of the summer, based on experience. In addition, your services will be needed without gear, we will provide all necessary equipment. 

Again, the shoots are very run and done, small crew, so the more experience in additional departments the better. Please reply with resume, reel, day rate, and contact information. 

Thanks!

-Production
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
  •  

Hey, here is a money maker, but doesn't sound favorable to the male sound mixer.

They are warning you already they will verbally abuse you on this goodie.

How much you wanna bet it's 105 degrees (40 C) in Tulare in the middle of July..

Posted: 

print

Sound Mixer needed for low-budget feature (Los Angeles, CA)

compensation: $2400 including equipment

Jilted is a romantic comedy with the theme of female empowerment: Lilly leaves her fiance at the altar and embarks on a road trip with her best friends to find her birth mother and her true identity. We are looking for a sound mixer that owns their own recording equipment including four lav mics that they can mix. 

And, FYI, most of our cast and crew is female, so please be comfortable working with and excited about taking orders from women as we have a strict no jerks policy.

We are shooting 12 days from July 6- July 21. Please only submit if you are free to work in this time frame. 10 days will be on location in Tulare County California and 2 days will be shot in Los Angeles. We will taking the crew up to Tulare.

Please list references from recent projects that we can contact and only submit if you have production sound experience on feature films. Links to work are always appreciated.

post id: 5089324987

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

We are looking for a sound mixer that owns their own recording equipment including four lav mics that they can mix. 

They're not asking for a boom, zoom on a stick or any other kind. Just four lavs that can be mixed. And, of course, feature film experience.

DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING....THIS IS THE CHANCE OF A LIFE TIME!

3 years searching CraigsList... this is the one.

""You have some short films under your belt and are looking to make your first feature, you thrive under 'run and gun' conditions, you're focused, energetic, and communicative, and you have your own boom mic, pole, and mixer.""

Fearless Sound Recordist/Boom Operator Needed for Indie Feature (Los Angeles)

compensation: kit fee, weekly stipend and profit share (to be negotiated)

A villa in Brentwood, Skid Row at midnight, a commune in the Mojave, guerilla-style on the subway -- these are just a few of the locations in Manifesto, a feature film debut by award-winning playwright and screenwriter Joshua Crone.

The project features a group of talented actors who recently earned critical praise in Crone's Solitaire at the Underground Theater in Hollywood (www.solitairetheplay.com) as well as music and sound editing by four-time Grammy winner Jonathan Crone. The film will be shot in 2.5K RAW on a BMCC throughout August and a rough cut will be submitted to Sundance, Slamdance, and the Berlinale in late September.

This is a micro-budget feature crafted by a team of dedicated artists who believe in the project's potential. We offer a kit fee, a small weekly stipend, meals and transportation, a share of the profit, and the adventure of a lifetime. You have some short films under your belt and are looking to make your first feature, you thrive under 'run and gun' conditions, you're focused, energetic, and communicative, and you have your own boom mic, pole, and mixer.

Email your cover letter and resume and we will contact you.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is so special, I don't know what to say!

Let's get this booked.

Posted: 

print

Need 1 Lavaliere for 1 hour shoot tomorrow (Hollywood)

6538.png6538.png6539.png6539.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

(google map)

compensation: 25.00 1 Hour

Hello, I am in need of 1 Lavaliere Rental for an interview tomorrow at 12:00 noon.
I have 1 Sennheiser EW 100 G3 Lav and am in need of a 2nd.
Shoot is from 12:00- 1:00 PM. Only need the Lav for 1 hour.
Very Simple shoot of 2 people speaking on stage.
Looking for a Sennheiser G3 Series Lav.
If you have an older Sennheiser EG Lav thats fine.
Any other Lav's are also acceptable for those who don't have Sennheiser.
Just looking to have matching Lavs.
I can pick up the Lavaliere and return it to you within a few hours.
You can also meet me at the location and stay for the hour that am using it. 
Which ever works for you.
If all goes well, Ill rent from you often. I have production work daily.
Give me a call or text
Best Regards,
Eric Rosas 
show contact info 
Hollywood,Ca
Www.EricRosas.Com

post id: 5112103000

posted: 

updated: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

You know I am always looking out for you. Check out this gig... THOUSANDS TO BE MADE on this one, like, thirty-seven hundred and fifty dollars. But could lead to higher pay, because, THE DIRECTOR WORKS ON COMMERCIALS all the time... that is, if you are a good ass-kisser.

Posted: 

print

BOOM-OP / SOUND-MIXER for Feature -- Equipment Provided (Hollywood)

compensation: $125 / day

BOOM-OP / SOUND-MIXER for Feature -- Equipment Provided

If you're serious about sound, this could be equally appropriate for someone near the start of a career looking to learn on world-class equipment, or a veteran happy for extra work on an exceptional side project.

The director is a former sound designer and is very specific about sound. He owns the following equipment that he wants used:

Schoeps CMC5U x 3, MK41 x 3, CMC6 x 2, MK4 x 2, MK8, CMIT5U x 2
Sanken COS-11D x 4
2 x Sound Devices 7 Series Recorders

You need to be able to operate a recorder/mixer and hold boom at the same time, but there's no need for complex set-ups, routing, sub-mixes or riding levels etc. If you have good wireless for back-up, that's great, but most times the director will insist on a simple set-up and make sure a Schoeps boom mic can be put in the right place. 

This is a passion project with small private backing being made by skilled, smart people who could all be making a better living doing something else. It's shooting under a SAG Ultra Low Budget contract, and everyone on set, regardless of experience, including all actors and all crew, is being paid the same: $125 / day. There will be up to 30 days of shooting, non-consecutively, over the next 5 months. The director works on commercials as well, so despite the low day rate, there are potentially both thousands to be made on this project and opportunities for future employment if you're great.

Please respond with a few sentences about yourself in addition to your resume and a list of any equipment you'd be bringing to the table.

post id: 5119866147

posted: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

"" there are potentially both thousands to be made on this project and opportunities for future employment if you're great.""

Thanks for responding Jay.

I know you are great, and I myself ... naturally great, but I wanted to present this great opportunity to those here on the forum that are "not so great"... maybe they can get better.....

I know this to be a valuable service to sound mixers around the world, as there are 38,000 views in 3 years. This will be my last "Los Angeles only" CL ad posting, as I will now include all of America CL ads to my fellow gig hunters. Next, The world! Enjoy.

Oh yah, Get in on this one quickly, they are interviewing today!

Posted: 

print

Sound Mixer

compensation: $150/day, including equipment (negotiable)

Looking for a sound mixer with their own equipment for a 5-day shoot.

Interviews will be conducted Wednesday afternoon.

The rate is $150/day including equipment, but the rate is negotiable.

Please respond with a resume, link to reel or imdb credits, and please provide equipment list.

post id: 5123628207

posted: 

updated: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

keep-calm-the-world-is-yours--29.png

Edited by Angelo Waldron

Marc, you are too old to start correctly. Beside, you start seeing colors differently.. would not be good for you.

THIS JUST IN FROM PORTLAND, OREGON

I love Oregon, and my family is in the tree killing business there, but Damn, they aren't even offering any microbrew, not even a little bud!

Posted: 

print

SOUND MIXER needed for CELEBRITY shoot THIS THURSDAY! (Downtown Portland)

5859.png5859.png5860.png5860.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

(google map)

no pay

We're an independent production team and we're looking for an experienced sound mixer to work on a shoot this Thursday, July 16th, with a huge celebrity duo (over one million FB fans, and a half million Twitter followers!). Since this shoot was confirmed fairly last minute, our usual sound mixer is unavailable, so this is an opportunity for someone with their own sound equipment (either lavs or a good boom set-up would work for this) and experience working it, to step up. We've got all the other crew members and equipment confirmed, and this is the last important role we need to fill.

This shoot will take place in downtown Portland on July 16th, with a tentative crew call time of 7pm, and wrapping by about 9:30-10pm. This is a non-commercial project, and no one is getting paid, so unfortunately if you are looking to make some money, this isn't the project for you. It is simply a great opportunity for all of us involved to create something we're all proud of, as well as gain greater exposure.

If you're interested, please respond to this ad by e-mailing us your name, a little bit about yourself and your experience working sound, and a list of equipment you would be able to bring.

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
  •  

THIS JUST IN FROM BROOKLYN, NY!

Could be good pay, but i am unfamiliar with this Brooklyn speak, like "once you are Jazzed", and "a natural gas"

But these Brooklyn techs, they are multi-taskers. 

Posted: 

print

Projection / Sound Engineer for Rock Opera (Brooklyn)

compensation: as mentioned above

Looking for the guy or gal behind the sound and screen to join the act. Please refer to FuninJail.com for the skinny. Just had the debut in Brooklyn last week and ready for the next stage. I'll send you some reels of the show once you're jazzed ( or not). You'll be responsible for the projection and sound and we've got editing to do as well. Guaranteed gig money, futures, etc. Should be a natural gas for the right person.
Thanks,
Chris

post id: 5124972471

posted: 

updated: 

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Edited by Angelo Waldron

JUST IN FROM FAIRMOUNT, INDIANA

I am always thinking about our Indiana friends. This seems like the real deal, and you get your own private room in a cabin!!

Hopefully it's not a "CABIN FEVER" remake, I just saw that, and it wasn't as good as the original, except for Gage Golightly, she is hot!

Posted: 

print

Looking for a Sound Person for a short shoot in late September, 2015 (Fairmount, IN)

6177.png6177.png6178.png6178.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

(google map)

compensation: $150/day

I'm a producer* of short films in Los Angeles, that will be visiting Fairmount, Indiana to shoot a short form documentary during the James Dean festival in late September, 2015. My idea is a specific one, but with a relatively traditional doc approach where I would like to shoot interviews that will be scheduled, follow a couple of specific individuals, and capture B Roll, street interviews, etc. 

I have a Camera Operator/DP locked in already. I'd like to start the conversation now with a potential Sound Person (that might be local to the area) that I can hopefully lock in early for this project. This doc will be shot on a DSLR camera, and sound would be recorded separately. 

This will be for 4 guaranteed days in September: September 24-27 (Thursday-Sunday), 
with a possibility of a 5th day (for Monday, September 28th). We will not exceed 12-hour days. 

It would be a small crew: Yourself, myself, and the Camera Operator/DP. Potentially a PA. 

The goal would be to submit this short documentary for film festivals, with the hopes of garnering attention for it. Not for distribution. After festival season, it will simply be a gift for the fans of James Dean. 

I will offer: 
• $150/day 
• A room, if you would need housing. It would be in a shared cabin at a Camp in Fairmount. But it would be a private bedroom for yourself in the cabin. 
• Meals 
• IMDB (and film) credit 
• Copy, of course. 

I'm a pretty light-hearted, even-keeled guy. I'd like to make this a good time for all included, and work as a team to be successful at achieving this goal. I work and play well with others, and would look forward to meeting new people who are similar, and have a positive, new experience. 

If you're interested, please respond, answering the following: 

1. Please send a link to examples of your work sound-wise. . . and a short bio on your experience. 
2. What equipment can you bring to the table to capture sound? Preferred that you would have your own equipment, but not absolutely necessary. 
3. How far are you from Fairmount, Indiana? Would you need housing for the duration of the shoot? If not (and you're close by), do you have reliable daily transportation to/from Fairmount? 
4. Would you be available for all days mentioned above (preferable)? 

*This would be my second effort in producing. I'm still learning as I go along, but have learned quite a lot from my first project: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2854494/
Here's the trailer for that, as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6khqv-CMw
And here's my website for more on me: http://www.davidgarry.com 

Please reply (only) through the posting on Craigs List. Thanks!
  •