here's one that recently showed up on craigslist in Philly: 

Affordable Sound Recordist for hire for feature or short film and video production.

Audio Sample available on request.

AUDIO EQUIPMENT:

• Audio-Technica BP4027 (AT815ST) Shotgun Microphone

• RODE NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone

• RODE Windshield Blimp

• Sennheiser EW122-p LAV Microphones

• Tascam DR-680, 8 Track Digital Field Recorder

• DV Promix 3 Portable Field Mixer

• Sennheiser Headphones

• Petrol Field Bag

• RODE Boom Pole

• ART Dual Pre pre-amp mixer

Rates:

$250/day = 10 hours

$125/half day = 6 Hours 

Base on 45 miles from Center City Philadelphia but flexible on mileage within reason.

I'll take one half day before lunch, and another half day after lunch. 

It is not only sound they want for free. This caught my attention

They need to go back to school to learn the difference between shot and shoot

CL chicago city of chicago all gigs crew gigs

Reply tkxbn-3765053894@gigs.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-04-24, 11:18PM CDT

Dream Gig for Gaffers

We are shooting a pilot which will have alot of eyes on it.

We are looking for gaffers that want add a nice touch to the picture to give the lighting something that is unique and stands out, yet not overwhelming or

overthought.

We are having a shot day where Gaffers can cast their vision for the shot next week.

This will be a great opportunity to meet other gaffers and brainstorm.

If your idea wins we will bring you on the team to help us implement it.

Snacks provided.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: no pay

Posting ID: 3765053894 Posted: 2013-04-24, 11:18PM CDT email to a friend

Coming up on CL will probably be this project, from someone who knows so much better.

The one thing he certainly knows is the first rule:  never use your own $$$

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/zach-braffs-kickstarter-project-hits-445893

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/zach-braff-kickstarter-wish-i-445764

A legend in his own mind!

Personally, as talented as I think Zach Braff is, he has the connections and personal income to make this film happen. Kickstarter was great for struggling artists and filmmakers to make truely original passion projects happen. Now Hollywood is trying to get in on that money. It is disappointing and takes money away from projects that truely could use the help of crowd funding. 

• 4 weeks later...

Noted Hollywood comedy writer Ken Levine has some interesting thoughts on Zach Braff trying to raise money on Kickstarter:

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-wont-give-zach-braff-one-dime.html

Among other things, Levine notes that Braff has agents and managers, was on a successful network series for many years, has enough of a name that he can get a phone call to many different studio execs, and has over $20M in the bank... so Levine wonders why Braff has to raise money the same way, say, an economics professor from the midwest with zero contacts or experience would have to.

I find it offensive that someone with that kind of dough can't bring himself to do this himself. I'm willing to bet he can easily find $100K-$500K in his bank account to get the ball rolling. Nothing says "I'm committed" as putting your own money where your mouth is. And then distributors, and others, would follow suit and help him make it happen. For someone in his position, it wouldn't take much.

It's embarassing that this guy can't spare some of his own vast wealth, while I personally know of filmmakers who have literally put their lives on the line (and that includes family ties and friend relationships) to see their vision through.

Sad.

It was for a videographer (presumably sound included):

"We will do things like sleep in thatch roof huts, shit in roach infested toilets, and climb actively exploding volcanos."

I am an avid traveler that has visited 22 countries around the world. I go on adventures, and then I write about them. I am thinking it might be more interesting to turn my travel writing into a YouTube travel show where people can watch me go on strange cultural adventures and have bizarre and awkward encounters abroad. I am a relatively attractive female in my twenties, so I also get a lot of unwanted harassment when I travel. Having a videographer might help prevent this negative attention, as well, but mostly I want to chronicle my exotic nomadic lifestyle to share with an audience. This is no Rick Steves. We will do things like sleep in thatch roof huts, shit in roach infested toilets, and climb actively exploding volcanos. We are going to go outside our comfort zones and may find ourselves in some intense situations. Applicant needs to be open minded to unique cultural experiences.

This is not a job, it's more like a partnership. If you want a reason to travel and shoot videos, this is the opportunity to you. If the show catches on, then we can talk about both getting paid! Please include your experience with videography, as well as travel. Languages are a plus. We will need to meet in person to interview one another and be sure that we are compatible for travel!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

"Location Sound person wanted
experience booming an asset
Send phone number and day rate
resent graduates welcome to intern"

That's one from Toronto CL today.  I imagine that experience booming might help in some small way...

Don't steal this guy's idea or he'll get VERY upset..... anyone feel like offering some sound help on this one?

Hi everyone my name is Daniel and I have a reality show idea that will blow other shows out of the water. But, I need your help LA to make this happen. I need producers, writers and different people who are willing to work with me to make this happen, also will need someone to put up a small budget to make this happen.

The show is a reality show called "The Shelter" where 7 homeless men or women who are recovering addicts or have potential/funny mental problems from the Skid Row area will live in a house for one month and their lives will be taped. On top of being taped the 7 candidates (I like to call them candidates) will be made to do household chores, interact with farm animals (not sexual), and even look for jobs. I would like to rent a nice house in the Hollywood/Silver Lake area too make this happen, and post the show on YouTube or even try and get it to the Fox network. 

I would ask that when you call me you would call with an open mind and as well DO NOT try and steal my show idea, I'm copyrighting this thing so please show some respect.

My phone number is (213) xxxxxxxxx or email me xxxxxxxxxxx.com but please call or text, email if you can help out.

Thank you and your generosity is appreciated.

"***** & *****  are looking for a sound recordist for a [major car manufacturer] spec spot shooting this Friday evening (the 31st) and from 8am-2pm on Saturday (the 1st).

The job is non-paying, but can be considered deferred payment, as you will be considered for the next full rate job that **** produces."

I edited the names out because I'm a coward.  However, that last line is absolutely priceless and unforgivable.

C.