I just saw this one on CL:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cwg/3136902330.html

Offering $100/day (with gear!!) for thirteen days. They lost the original mixer (I wonder why...) and now are scrambling to replace them. I've sent notes in the past pointing out their poor decisionmaking, but have obviously never heard back from them. I wonder if it's even worth it...

BK

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping up CL... make my day.

Bend over for this one......

and maybe you can do it again.

los angeles craigslist > central LA > gigs > crew gigs

Sound Person Needed for Funny or Die (Los Angeles)

Date: 2012-07-26, 10:15AM PDT

Reply to: 9mmgf-3164446233@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm an award winning director in pre-production for a 3M film with one name actor attached.

While this feature is being organized, as a creative outlet, I'm directing a no-budget Funny or Die tomorrow from 8:30 a.m until noon.

Everyone is volunteering their time because the quality of the creative on this Funny or Die is outstanding. My DP has over 25 years experience

and there will be some motion tracking (special effects) in this piece. I need a sound person with experience hiding lavs in a car, as all of the

dialogue comes from inside 2 cars. They will be stationary in a parking lot, and, at times, driving very slowly in the lot.

Please send an email with your experience and only submit if you are willing to volunteer on this project. If we get along well, I'll bring you

on in some capacity for the feature.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 3164446233

" .I've won awards in Texas, Canada, and Los Angeles. It's all on IMDB. I've directed shorts and one feature (all get into fests and win). Right now I'm in pre-production for a 3M dollar film with one name actor attached. It's taking months to get everything organized and this shoot tomorrow is a fun way to be creative in the midst of all that is involved to get a major feature made.

a major feature at $3M ??

Here's my IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2420359/

Actor, Director, Writer, Producer, DP, Editor

hmmm... has he ever been paid for any of these jobs

And a link to ROPE, the last film I made, which got outstanding reviews:

http://www.imdb.com/...b/vi2887425305/

Best, Ian "

directed shorts and one "feature", but still not paying people....sounds to me like a serial abuser.

and if you "get on", he'll be glad to abuse you some more.

err...

no thanks >:(

Edited by studiomprd

My eye was immediately drawn to this statement when I followed the link in the CL listing:

"IMDb is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this page, which have been supplied by a third party and have not been screened or verified."

I'm a little suspect of someone with 8 credits beginning in 2005 as well. But that's just me.

Best regards,

Jim

Anyone got 6 mics to record on discreet tracks $200-$300 for the whole weekend. Only apply if you have experience. Lunch provided- Do I see a tuna sub in your future?

Seeking the following positions for a 2-day shoot:

CAMERA OPERATOR

Should have prior experience and can quickly setup and run. Shooting both indoor and outdoor. Please provide your resume in the body of the email and a link to your reel. Access to equipment is preferred (Panasonic AG-HPX250 or similar) but not required.

SOUND OPERATOR/MIXER

Should have prior experience and be quick/efficient. Shooting both indoor and outdoor. Individuals with access to equipment (mixer and several wireless lavs) preferred--we'd like to ideally record at least 6 mics on discreet channels. Please provide your resume in the body of the email, and let us know what equipment you could provide.

Rate based on 10 hour day and you will be fed lunch. You must have your own transportation to set. You must be available both Saturday, 8/18 and Sunday, 8/19. Possibility for a pick-up shoot day the following weekend.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: $200-300 TBD based on experience (flat price is for both days)

I'm inclined to get a hidden camera, and have somebody show up with 6 SM58's and long cables, and say, "well, I have six microphones -- you didn't say anything about having to hide them or for them to be wireless! And I have an 8-track recorder from 1978... we just can't record all 8 tracks at the same time!"

That's a Funny or Die segment I'd really watch.

Just had to add another:

los angeles craigslist > westside-southbay > gigs > crew gigs

Sound Mixer (Hollywood)

Date: 2012-08-07, 4:20PM PDT

Reply to: hs5fm-3190766946@gigs.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Noah Broadcasting, one of the largest modeling agencies of Europe, is currently in pre-production of it's first reality television pilot. Noah Broadcasting will begin filming on August 28th, 2012 and filming should take place over the course of 2 weeks in the Bahamas. The pilot will feature the beautiful winners of Noah Broadcasting's Eastern European Noah Girl Competition. The women will compete in survivor type competitions to be the top Noah Girl.

In exchange for your services, Noah Broadcasting will be offering an all expenses paid trip to Nassau Bay, productions credits, and a letter of recommendation upon commendable completion of the project.

Qualifications:

- Must have professional equipment

- Must be available August 24 - September 7

- Must have prior experience

Salary:

All Expenses Paid Trip to Nassau Bay, Bahamas + Production Credits + Letter of Recommendation

Please send your resume, reel, and any other qualifications you may have to our e-mail contact.

• Compensation: All Expenses Paid Trip to Nassau Bay, Bahamas

PostingID: 3190766946

...bevy of beautiful girls...

More likely a bunch overly made-up teenagers with ambitious parents. If the 'model agency' is planning to scam production personnel with this kind of a deal, they've probably told the girls "pay to enter our contest and the winners get to be in a professional tv show!"

And a third-string hotel is providing 4-per-room lodging for the promo value... and a Subway-wannabe is providing Pilchard Salad sandwiches...

---

For "one of the largest modeling agencies in europe", google sure had a hard time finding them. I eventually found their website noahbroadcasting.tv... exactly one static stock photo, with the words "coming soon 2012"...