Voice Technologies mics?

berniebeaudry

Anyone had any experience with Voice Technology mics?  I'm interested in hearing about any thoughts, opinions, or experiences you've had with any of their models.  How are they for hiding under clothing, durability, sound quality etc.

Thanks!

Bernie

AFAIK and FWIW they're very similar to the the Tram in style and performance.

Eric

2nd that

Motion moved...

I won a VT500 as door prize at the last RAMPS NAB party. The cable is relatively thin yet strong. Accessories are what you'd expect. Super nice box. Sound is similar to a Trim. The VT506 is more similar to a Tram with the mid boost. Nice addition to my kit, but I still reach for a Sanken 1st.

EB

You know, I wish somebody would sit down and do a cross-comparison of the Tram, the Sonotrim, the Countryman EMW, and the Voice Technologies lavs, and show how they really stack up. Maybe record the exact same actor to four simultaneous tracks, and let the user compare the WAV files directly as a download or DVD.

--Marc W.

We have done those types of tests on my shows and mixers who HATE the TRAM pick it as the better sounding LAV.

Yeah, I' ve put it up against the mikes I have (ECM77, ECM55, the stock Lectros, etc.) and the Trams do hold up well. I was also surprised by how well the Trams intercut with the Sennheiser 416 (albeit with a little EQ in post).

The Countryman B6's have a much different sound, and the COS11's are in a class by themselves. I'd like to compare the DPA's to all of these as well; their tiny lavs look remarkably close to the B6's.

--Marc W.