Problem connecting to Lectrosonics website ?

Boomboom

We were told by Go Daddy that they lost a hard drive at 7:30 am on Friday and offered us a $600 makeup credit on our billing . I notice we are still down, 24 hours later. This is ridiculous. I would have thought there would be some redundancy.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

FYI - I have been using www.1and1.com for over 8 years now and not one problem to date.

We've been with Go Daddy for a year and this is the first (and maybe last) major problem. What bugs me is it hasn't been fixed.

Larry F

Bummer. It's still down. I didn't know GoDaddy offered corporate/enterprise hosting. Sadly, looks like GoDaddy doesn't know that either. I've worked on several projects and with several companies (some of which we've all heard of) that rely on Rackspace and/or Amazon Web Services for pretty aggressive/complex/busy web sites and web-based businesses:

http://www.rackspace.com/

http://aws.amazon.com/

I can get contact names if you want. Sigh. Good luck.

Jim

If you find yourself shopping around, Media temple is one of the most professional hosts I've used (by far).

http://www.mediatemple.com/

Most of my freelance web design friends use them for their bigger clients. I personally use them to host three sites and I've NEVER been let down.

Best,

Wyatt

• 2 years later...

I've got some buddies in academia that host several sites at tummy.com and they swear by them (not at them). Customer service and responsiveness of tech support is reportedly first class.

You certainly won't be the first to bail on godaddy for subpar service.

I've got some buddies in academia that host several sites at tummy.com and they swear by them (not at them). Customer service and responsiveness of tech support is reportedly first class.

You certainly won't be the first to bail on godaddy for subpar service.

We are looking though that doesn't solve today's problem. I sure hope it isn't tomorrow's problem also.

LEF

I'm surprised you're not simply running your own, local server?

Ok, maybe it should be "simply", but still

Our thought was we would get better dependability, redundancy and 24 hour support from a host whose business was to do all this. We will continue thinking it over.

LEF