Heading to LA

Michael P Clark

I'm heading to LA for a week. Doing some post meetings, and playing disc golf. I'd like to extend an invitation to any disc golfing soundies out there who might want to throw a round with me. I'll be playing several rounds throughout that week, at some of the best courses LA has to offer. Crew (oldschool) has already confirmed, and we are going to try to schedule a round. Anyone else, please let us know, we can make it a sound round..or two for those willing! Of course there should also be plenty of opportunities to meet up for beverages, if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Let me know when you're here. I have a set of virtually unused discs that my wife bought for me when a friend of mine and I briefly gave disc golf a try. It'd be fun to dust them off. But I'm not very good at all! I am quite good at having a few drinks, however, so that could work.

Robert

You got it Robert!

Angelo,

My mouth salivates at some of the courses out there, and sadly some are pretty spread out from each other. I wont be able to play every course I want but the list goes like this! Oak Grove and Huntington Beach are definitive, being the #1 and #2 courses ever built, they are a must. La Mirada looks promising for one of the days, being there are two courses on the premises and well liked by the reviews I've seen. If time permits, my wishlist courses are one of either Verduga Hills, Sylmar, Chavez Ridge, and Sky High. And a road trip to Sky High, is edging them all out.

i just walked through Oak Grove on Tuesday.....I have friends that do disc golf, but I mostly spend the time looking for the discs.

But I still walk there to keep in shape, and talked to golfer on Tuesday afternoon... said he saw 4 ft. rattlesnake couple of feet away from him. That'll make your game more interesting!

I'm working 15, 16, 17, but Sat 7/14 is good at this point. Weekends are more crowded. @ MPC, if I were grading the course's, Oak G, Huntington B, La Mirada, Long Beach. The rest are OK to decent IMO. Huntington is windy after 11:00am, Oak Grove is hot in the afternoon this time of the year. All are worth it. Hopefully you can play them all on different days.

CrewC

I hear Huntington Beach has a breeze, which could cool you off, but also mess up your shots! :( I'm a big fan of early morning rounds, cooler, and often less crowded. I think I will let Crew choose, since he's the local pro, on most shaded or cool course that's not too daunting. I'm "cool" with any course. Hopefully Saturday works out well for Robert.

Matt McGowin, perhaps you can join us on this day also? We can have a doubles match-up if you make it.

Crew, is Case going to make it still?